Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yes... we are moving!!!

So I noticed that most people havent heard our exciting yet drastic plans to move this year. Jeff is starting Air Traffic Control school in May. If your not familiar with what that is like I was when he first told me about it then I'll explain... it is the MOST STRESSFUL job out there (so much that retirement age is 50) and you basically sit in the towers and control the skies (in a nut shell). He is so extremely excited so I feel I need to support him and know that in the end this means I won't have to work and I can enjoy te stay at home mom life :) So here we come.......




..............ANCHORAGE, ALASKA!!!!!

I have many mixed emotions about this. At first it was going to be LA, but my stomach was just sick everytime I thought about working as a nurse out there. I really am super excited to move. It is perfect timing for Jeff and I (KO and Chewy, too). Jeff loves hunting and fishing. We were going to go to Africa this year with his brother for them to go on a 10 day hunt but with this move, that won't be happening. Jeff can't wait to get up there and fish and hunt his moose, bear and whatever else he can!!! Another deal breaker was that Alaska actually pays their residents to live there :)Its going to be very hard to be so far away from family... but we have been into Skyping so much that I see my whole family almost everyday!!! (still havent got Jeff's fam on board with Skype but we will get there) This move is only for 18 months, so in that time frame Jeff and I will experience more than I ever thought I ever would. Now is just the stressful time of figuring out moving plans and whether selling everything and flying up is better than renting a U-haul for $3000 and driving 4 days.

8 comments:

The Marcons said...

Wow! Sounds like a very stressful and exciting time for you. You better stay active in the blog world so we can hear about all your adventures in Alaska! I have an uncle that moved from Hawaii to Anchorage and has been there for several years. He loves it! Good luck!

*Clint & Rach Talbot* said...

FINALLY I find out what the hell you are up to crazy chick! But that actually sounds REALLY FUN!! He will be a great air traffic controller ha ha and now I can go visit Alaska!! ha ha JK Best wishes!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move. Moving across the country is not fun, let me assure you, but once you're there and settled, you'll love it and all the wonderful new people you're going to meet. Congrats!

Jason and Kimber said...

WOw! Congrats on the new experience you are about to have. Hope all goes well and you can get everything figured out with the move. Jason tells me we are moving there when he is done cause we could both make so much more money to pay off his student loans. You will have to let me know if you like it.

Tyson and Kimmie said...

What a fun adventure! I'm sure it will be great! Dont stay too long though!

katy said...

Tricia, that is awesome! How exciting. Yes, hard to be so far from family, but I bet you will love it up there. I'm glad you're loving married life, too! Isn't it just the best? Good luck with the move!

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

Im JEALOUS!!!! really I want to come visit and im not just saying that.

Fromm's said...

Hi Tricia. You have no idea who this is I know. I am family friend of the Harris'. So I guess in a way we're friends now? Ha ha! Congrats on you two getting hitched! Diana raised some great guys! I saw your blog through Tipper and Niki's and hopped on! You two are adorable! Hope I get to meet you sometime! Oh and So jealous of you getting to move to Alaska!