This last weekend has been the longest but most amazing weekend I have ever had!!! Jonny gave his farewell talk on Sunday and did such a phenomenal job. He was the only speaker and he did so good at bringing the spirit to the meeting and making everyone laugh and cry!!! I'm sooo honored to call him my brother. We had soooo many friends and relatives at our house to support him. We are so thankful for all those who helped and traveled to make this day special for him. Tuesday night I was able to watch Jonny get set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Pres. Allred shared a wonderful testimony and gave each of us there an opportunity to share ours with Jonny. He received the most wonderful blessing I have ever heard, he has so much in store for him on his mission. He will bless sooooo many lives because of the many Christlike attributes he has. Then Wednesday morning we sat as a family and finished reading the Book of Mormon (which my family started when Jonny got his call on Feb 23). It invited the spirit into our home and prepared us for taking him to the MTC. All I have to say is I think I will have a pounding headache for at least a week. I'm so excited for him to learn and grow but I never thought it would be so hard. I cry every time I hear a song that reminds me of him, or when I look through the many pics I took over the weekend or when I play with Chewy cuz he loved Chewy so much. It is just a huge adjustment. We have grown so close the last little while and me and Amanda spent so much time with him this last week. Amanda started a blog for him so I look forward to the many posts to come of his letters and pics. He sent us his first email the night he got there and we already sent him letters from DearElder.com so he would've got them the second day he was there. Well I'm just going to post some pics now cuz I just keep crying the more I type.


Burton Kids (minus Kim).... in 2 years Jonny will come home to more neices and nephews and Conner being 15!!! (Loving Amanda's 27 week Belly here, so stinkin cute)



On our way there semi-happy before the tears started coming :(

Last bike ride just 15 min prior to leaving the MTC... bet ya a thousand dollars his first mode of transportation when he gets home is a bike!!

Just prior to him being set apart


Jonny with the dogs that he loves so much... Chewy, KO, and Brinks!!

Oh I just love my brother so very much, can't believe he is now a missionary!

Packing and organizing... Wow, check out those ties. My brother has the sweetest ties ever.

Grandma and Grandpa Nye, always the best supporters

Eating at Chipolte after going to a movie with the fam

What handsome lookin guys... oh how I love them both so much!


Playing Dew Ponk with his buddies

More dew ponk with the family. We played this for like 4 nighs straight before Jonny left for the MTC... way too much fun and tons of laughs!!

1 comment:
my friend you are absolutely gorgeous! Your family is so cute!
I am happy for your brother and what he is doing for the Lord.
Post a Comment