Jeff and I celebrated our second anniverary today. Unfortunately with work and school, we were unable to leave town and relax like last year. So we just layed low at home and enjoyed each other's company. This morning we went to breakfast to a joint in town that everyone rants and raves about... well let me tell ya... it was terrible and we will never ever go again. It wasn't the best way to start our day :( Then we went walking around at the mall... unfortunately there was nothing worth buying AT ALL. So we headed home and I feel asleep on the couch while Jeff played Call of Duty... ah ah how romantic!!! Jeff then had to head off to school so while he was gone I went about trying to find the perfect anniversary gift. Once Jeff got home we exchanged gifts and headed off to dinner. We went to Simon and Seaforts, an amazing high end restaurant in town and oh my gosh... it was to die for. Jeff got a bone-in rib eye and I got Halibut cheeks!!! The atmosphere was incredible (reminded me alot of "The Roof" at Temple Square), the bread was to die for and it was just a perfect dinner. We then ran home, got in our pj's and cuddled watching X-men. I was just glad we were able to spend the day together because as of lately we have been working soooo much and Jeff is in his last semester of school so we rarely have a day to relax and just be together.
I love Jeff more today than I did the day I married him. Our marriage has grown soooo much since moving away. Being in Alaska has brought us so close together and I love having him by my side. Our lives are just about perfect :) We have incredible jobs, a beautiful comfortable place to call home, amazing dogs that seriously make us laugh daily, great friends, supportive and loving families... and the list could go on and on. I'm so thankful the Lord brought Jeff into my life. Babe here is to another 100 years together and eternity. Thanks for being a perfect husband!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment