Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 14, 2012: The start of Eternity

The day has finally come... Jeff and I have waited 2 1/2 years to be sealed for all eternity in the House of the Lord. Saturday January 14th, 2012 at 1:30pm in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple it was official. Our sealer was PHENOMINAL, James M. Hunt. Everyone who came told us they have never been to a more amazing sealing. My dad was in tears and he said he even learned things he never knew. Jeff was touched, I was touched and it was just the most amazing experience ever. We both couldn't be happier. I fell deeper in love with him today and we have noticed what a huge difference it has made in our marriage already. We had soooo many family and friends come to support us. And I was so glad my mom was finally feeling well enough to be by my side before and after the sealing.

So back when we got civially married and knowing this day would eventually come, I wanted to re-create our wedding day. So sure enough I was able to enjoy the day in my wedding dress and Jeff in his tux. My amazing mom had my bouquet re-created as well... that thing was my favorite part of my wedding... besides my dress. I had my good friend Annie re-do some bridals/groomals and take pics of all who came to support us.
Here are just a few pics Diana got with her camera while Annie was snapping away with her's... (can't wait to see all the pics she got to capture our day)
What would a girl do without an incredible father... I love my dad more than words can say.
Me and my "little" brother Conner... who before long will be much taller than anyone in our family.
If you haven't ever met this guy, then you should. Gary is the best father in law a girl could ever ask for. I sure was blessed to marry into some amazing in-laws. So glad we are all together for eternity.
Jeff and his little brother Scotty.

We had a luncheon after the sealing since we knew we were having so many travel to come and support us so we wanted to show them our appreciation by feeding them :) Amanda went ABOVE and beyond to decorate and make 2 different soups to help feed 60 people as well as some killer homemade raspberry lemonade. My mom made a soup, Kim made a soup, I made a soup, and our neighbor Mike Hatch made his famous homemade Tomato soup. So we had 6 different kinds of soup, bread knots, and Diana's famous homemade brownies. JEff and I both couldn't have asked for a better day.
So just a side note, as we pull up to the church for the luncheon, Sheridan yells to me, "Tricia, your dress!" So apparently my dress was hanging out the car door.... so yes it swept the roads all the way from the temple to the church. Luckily I just laughed it off. If this was my actual wedding day I would've thought it was the end of the world... could you imagine standing in line greeting people with a dress looking like this...
I'm sad Jeff isn't in this pic with us, but we were both so busy playing host/hostess it was hard to catch a good pic together.
My poor mom was so sick and she hates this pic, but I love it!!! I don't care what you look like Mom, your my mom and I'm so glad you were well enough to make it to our sealing.
Me and my amazing sisters with my Grandma and Grandpa Nye.
Elder Simmon and Elder Fishburn... some of the best missionaries to ever server in Alaska.

So for scrap book purposes, all who came:
Grandparents: Tip and Lola Ravsten, Don and Norma Nye, Willis and Joanne Burton.
Parents: Gary and Diana Harris, Scott and Cherie Burton
Jeff's siblings: Josh and Sheridan, Tipper and Nikki, Scotty
My siblings: Scott and Amanda Burnett, Kim Williams (Dan was sick), Conner, and Bradley (in spirit) as well as Jonny (who wrote me and email and said he thought about me all day)
Nephews and Neices: Remington, Kennedie, Halle, Raegan, Jaxon, Hadley (Lexi wasn't able to make it, and poor little Brooklyn was sick and spent the evening in the ER)
Jeff's extended family: Jerry and Bonnie Harris, Joe and Kathy Ravsten, Reggie Ravsten, Neil and Iva Owens, Merle Romer, Garth and Vickie Anderson, Buck and Linda Conder
My extended family: Tom and Susan Speedy (Aaron), Gary and Sue Field (Lauren), Matthew and Cindi Field family, John and Haley Schurter family, Doug and Tonya Jewel, James and Andrea Nye, Ryan and Tori Tonnemacher, Mark and Natalie Nye family, (All my mom's siblings came minus Vickie who had to stay in St. George due to family emergency but Jeff and I were able to see her the week prior when we were there) Craig and Cinda Morgan.
Friends: Kurtis Simmons and Bryce Fishburn (Elders from Alaska, some of our favorite missionaries and now life long friends), Megan Goodwin (Ryan was in OK training for ATC)
Wow, what a list. And we had many other friends and family members call or text us to congradulate us. We are so fortunate to have such a great support system. Thank you again everyone for ALL you have done and continue to do for Jeff and I. We will never forget this day and will cherish the it forever.

5 comments:

The Ravsten's said...

Congrats! Looks and sounds like the perfect day. So happy that you are eternal!

Cathie said...

What a wonderful, beautiful day! Congratulations!
Welcome back to the CCCcold! Come and see us sometime/anytime!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience. I'm so happy for you!

Ross and Briar said...

Congrats!! I love that you were able to recreate your wedding day. I am so happy for you to have an eternal family. You look gorgeous!

Harris Family said...

Dear daughter,
What a BEAUTIFUL BRIDE, GROOM and DAY. It turned out just perfect. I am so proud of you and Honored to be your Momma, ( but I don't think there is any photo shop to make me look healthy, wealthy or wise) Sorry another wedding where I look gross) But inside I was glowing with love, pride and peace. I love you, my little dish!

Love MOM