Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Infertility update

So as I was printing off last's year blog book I noticed I haven't updated my infertility post in over a year... and a lot has changed since then. Next month will be the 2 year anniversary of trying to get pregnant... WOW!!! So, we new we needed some serious help. We stopped seeing our regular OBGYN. He was just not leading us in the right direction and he completely miss diagnosed me. So we ended up seeing an endocrinologist who specializes in infertility and let me tell you... she is AMAZING!!! We love love her. First off, after 6 months of clomid for me which was unsuccessful... Dr. Balthazar ordered a whole slue of labs, tests, and scans to rule out everything. And the outcome... I don't have endometriosis, my ovaries are excellent, I ovulate monthly (my last doc told me I didn't) and my fallopian tubes aren't blocked... so long story short, there isn't anything wrong with me. So then we switched gears and started looking into Jeff's labs. Sure enough, his sperm count is WAY low! Normal sperm count is 20-60 million... my husband had 4 million. So we followed up with a urologist just to make sure there isn't a blockage or infection. Everything is fine there, so all that is wrong is low count. So just last month Jeff started CLOMID. Can you believe it! The drug they gave me to ovulate (which I didn't need) has been found to help mens sperm count. So after 6 weeks or so of this treatment, we will do a repeat analysis and see if the count has increased. If not... well our only option is IVF. We are really praying we don't have to head down this road, just because of the headache of more testing, injections, pills, and the EXPENSE. and unfortunate for us, there isn't an IVF clinic in Alaska so we will head to Utah for treatment. We appreciate all the love, support, and prayers said on our behalf. And trust me, we have done our share of fasting and praying and we will continue to do so until we have a little infant (or 2 :) safely in our arms. We continue to feel the Lords hand in our lives and are so greatful for all he has blessed us with. We are trying to take this the best we can... but to be honest it is killing us both. EVERYONE we know is pregnant, or just had a baby. In fact we joke about it, but have you seen the movie Good Luck Chuck. Every girl Chuck dates ends up getting engaged to the next guy they meet and Chuck for the life of him can't seem to fall in love, none the less get engaged. Well Jeff and I feel this way. Everyone we meet, talk to, work with, live by, etc are pregnant. After awhile it gets old!!! But we know our turn will come someday. For now, we have eachother and we value every second of our time together. We are best friends and have the greatest marriage someone could ever ask for.

4 comments:

Ross and Briar said...

So crazy! I don't like how doctors automatically assume it is the woman. I am so glad you switched docs and are getting answers. Good luck to you two!! You will make great parents.

Jamie Hardman said...

So happy you found a doctor that is working for you! I know God is going to bless you with wonderful, beautiful children! Praying for you! Keep your heads up, your doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

It does get old pretty quick! So, glad you've found some answers and hope everything works out for you soon!!

*Clint & Rach Talbot* said...

Wow!! What a journey this is huh!?! I have mentioned Clint getting tested and he is WAYYY not a fan of that idea and assures me it all me. ha ha Im sure Jeff loves that we all know now he is low on swimmers....poor Jeffy! ha ha I can only joke with you about this because we know each others situation. I promise Im not making light of your post. Its hard and I pray for you too Trish!