Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Lots to Update

So much has happened since I last updated so here is what's new with us in the great white north...

1- First of all we had a great Easter. Saturday we went with our friend Lisa and her kids to a Easter Egg hunt put on by the baptist church. I have new been to another church function besides our own but it was fun to support and be there for Lisa. Little Tyler was super cute and had a blast.
There were over 10,000 eggs just scattered across the snow. It was pretty cool looking.
Then on Sunday we took our good friend Ken over to Jeff's cousins house for Easter dinner. There was incredible food, a good devotional and it was fun to be surrounded by kids. Holidays just aren't the same unless there are kids involved.
Church today was fantastic. Sacrament was incredible. Our ward choir put on an amazing meeting and the songs were truly uplifting. I"m so thankful for easter and for my savior who died for me. I'm so greatful for the atonement and for the knowledge I have that I will get to see his face and the face of my little brother someday.
My little brother is serving his mission in Boston and has only 7 weeks left. He sent us an amazing letter with his testimony. I'm sure proud of the missionary he has become...
My brother was born April 10, 1993. He then died of S.I.D.S Aug 3, 1993. I was 2 years old at the time and don't remember too much but, what I do remember was the struggle my family had with this loss. I can't even begin to imagine my parents as they had an incredibly healthy baby boy one night taken from them without a physical reason. Although we were members of His Church the loss was still very difficult. I remember my parents teaching me as a young boy to trust in the Lord and to have faith in the blessings promised us if we lived the commandments.
I am grateful for The Book of Mormon and the explanation given to those In need of an answer to the question. Am I going to see my brother again because he was not baptized? As Christ explains; Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the bwhole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little cchildren are dwhole, for they are not capable of committing esin. This brought such great peace into my life. Knowing that Christ himself lay down his perfect life for sinners like us. Knowing that, we, through his atonement, can repent and live with our families forever. I will forever be grateful to my Savior for all my shortcomings that have been forgiven and the opportunity I have to return to live with my complete family after this life. He truly is the Savior of the world, and the Redeemer of mankind. And I love him for it :)


In turn it sparked my husband to share his testimony with everyone in our family...
Today I got a letter from My brother in law sharing his thoughts on the savior and I thought it was very appropriate being that its easter weekend! First of all I wanted to say that we will be missing all the family this weekend. We are going to be spending Easter with Keith and Kathy this year which will be nice but its just not the same!
As you know, Trish and I found out this week that we will be Alaska Residents for at least another four years here. We are beyond excited about this as we have grown to love it here. When we first moved here I thought I would love Alaska because of the OBVIOUS fishing and hunting. Thats still a no brainer but have found that even more I love living in Alaska because everyday I get to live the gospel around people who dont. I am so blessed to have so many opportunities everyday to share the gospel and help others who struggle in this life because they have no knowledge of the plan of salvation I am so thankful for the savior because he has made it possible for me to be sealed to my family and to Trish! I have messed up so many times and have been able to move on because of the atonement. I feel so inadequate to have the blessings I do in my life! My temple sealing to Trish was the best day of my life and I want her to know how much I love her! Thanks mom and dad for your constant prayers in my behalf! We lucked out to have you as parents. Thanks to my brothers as they have been a support to me especially during my divorce and know that I wouldnt have made it without you guys during that time! I especially want to tell Scotty that I love him and consider him one of my best friends and look forward to slaying salmon again with him this summer!! I love my sister in laws and am so proud of them for the support they give to my brothers and my nephews and nieces. I never understood the love uncle Jerry had for us kids but now do because of the love I have for all your kids! Thanks grandpa and grandma for your love and support all these years! And thanks for your visit to Alaska! I also want to tell my in laws how proud of them I am and their love they have always shown me. We are all so blessed and hope that we recognize that this weekend! My mother in law has a saying in her kitchen that I have read many times that says, "we may not have it all together, but together we have it all." I feel that I have it all because the knowledge that we will all be together forever! I love you guys and have a great weekend!
Jeff

2-A little fun update about Alaska. As most of you may know we have had a terrible winter... with FEET of snow. We have had 3 weeks of blue skies and 40 degree weather (which feels incredible by the way, nice and warm) Well the night before Easter we broke the record...
...ANCHORAGE MAKES HISTORY WITH A RECORD SNOWFALL SEASON...
AS OF 4 PM AKDT SATURDAY AFTERNOON...3.4 INCHES OF NEW SNOW HAS
FALLEN SINCE MIDNIGHT. THIS MAKES THE 2011-2012 WINTER SEASON THE
SNOWIEST EVER WITH A TOTAL OF 133.6 INCHES. THE PREVIOUS SEASONAL
SNOWFALL RECORD WAS 132.6 INCHES SET IN 1954-1955.

Ha ha... that is ALOT of flippin snow. I don't know how it is all going to melt before it snows again. Right now it's "BREAK-UP", aka Alaska's 5th season. With the sun out and the snow melting the roads are an absolute mess and parking lots have turned into lakes. But I'm just glad winter is over. It was a rough winter!

3-So kinda some old news but still haven't blogged about it... we moved a month ago. Jeff was looking for a side job to work killing time before he got hired as an Air Traffic Controller and camge across a leasing management job... Well we moved and get the pleasure of living rent free. We moved to a 40 Unit apartment complex that had 14 empty units. Well in just a month Jeff has signed 18 new leases.... the owner LOVES him! Lucky for us once Jeff signs leases a resident manager takes over. So we don't have any responsiblity with collecting rent, cleaning or fixing any repairs. We sure have had to learn to love our new place. we were very comfortable in our last apt and LOVED our ward but we have a 3 bedroom now with lots more space and we are adjusting to a new ward. Change is never easy for me but this change sure has been a blessing.

4-So with a new ward comes new callings... after only 3 weeks in the ward our bishop pulled us aside and said after much prayer our names came coming to his mind. Jeff got called to be the Scout Master and 2nd Counselor in the Young Mens. He is super excited, especially when Bishop told him it entails campouts once a month. It will be a good change/challenge for Jeff being he wasn't active in the church until he was 16 so he never participated in the scouting program. As for me... my calling sure came as a shock. I am the Young Womens PRESIDENT. Not sure why the Lord feels I can do this but I guess I'm up for the challenge. My biggest struggle has been choosing counselors in a ward where I know no one. Sure am relying on the power or prayer. This calling is a lot different then my Sunbeam calling in my last ward and I know it's going to require more of my time and engery but I look forward to learning and growing with the girls in the ward.

5- Last but not least and probably the most exciting news of all.... Jeff found out last week that he didn't get accepted in Utah but he did get hired in Alaska. We still had to wait a week to see where in Alaska he got hired (Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau). Well just yesterday Jeff got the email saying he has been hired at the Anchorage Center. This is his dream job and all his hard work in school and his killer test score got him here. I'm sooooo proud of all he does for me and our future family. He still won't start for another year but in the mean time he has been working in Fairbanks (5 hrs from home) selling security systems. We have been so very blessed and are so thankful for all we have in life.
Well it was a long update and very few pics but we are doing well and couldn't be happier with where our lives are going. It is amazing how when we left Utah we thought we would only be gone 18 months but here we are looking to stay another 4-5 years. We love the adventure and will embrace everything in our future while here in Alaska.

2 comments:

tylerandtia said...

Holy cow! That is a huge update!! Staying in Alaska! YAY! & Young womens president! Wow! That says a lot about you! You are going to be amazing! I hope everything is going good & that you are adjusting to all these changes! You are one cute, strong lady :)

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

Ok holy taletoe thats lots of new news. Congrats on the new job!! I have to say youll be an amazing YW president those girls will be lucky to have you.