Where has this pregnancy gone? I swear it was just May when I sent a pic to all our family and close friends of my positive pregnancy test. Now here I am about ready to have this baby any day now. Jeff and I had what I would hope was our last Dr. appt. Last week I was dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. I had also lost weight over the week so the Dr. ordered an ultrasound to follow-up with babies growth and to make sure my fluid levels were ok. I had been cramping/contracting alot this past week and was still working full time at the hospital so I was hoping this meant I would have progressed some. Well sadly at our appt I was still 3+ and 80% effaced, so not much change. The ultrasound showed that baby girl was less than 10% in weight, approx. 5 lb 11 oz. (My last ultrasound showed she was 40%, so this was quite a drop) My fluid levels were normal though. They also did a biophysical profile where they watch for breathing and your baby should breath at least once every 30 minutes. Well I had just got done working so baby girl was sound asleep. I told the tech this but it didn't matter, 28 min had passed and no breathing. If she didn't breath by the 30 min mark they would take me straight to the OR for emergency c-section. Well the little stink took a breath at 29 min, but they gave us a score of 6/10 (They factored in other things as well)
So because of all this the Dr. asked, "So do you want to be induced?" I was shocked. I didn't come into this appt expecting to walk away with an induction date. The other option if we chose not to be induced was to do NST's twice next week and another ultrasound. Well out of pocket expenses were adding up and I didn't want to pay any more so we opted for the induction.So we chose Saturday, Jan 5 @ 730 am. (which was 2 days away from my dr. visit) When the dr called down to labor and delivery she said I was a scheduled induction due to IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction, meaning baby stopped growing) My little sister had a baby IUGR and all my mom's babies were pretty small too so I wasn't really shocked. I just felt guilty like it was my fault, that maybe I wasn't eating enough (which seemed hard to imagine because I was always eating) But all I wanted was a healthy baby.
So Jeff and I left the office with so many mixed emotions. It made for a long 2 days. I immediately went grocery shopping to stock up the house. Made some freezer meals, cleaned everything I could and just tried to pass the time while Jeff was working. I called both my jobs and told them to officially start my maternity leave. Throughout my whole pregnancy, having placenta previa, I was expecting a scheduled c-section. Well then I got cleared of the previa so I could now deliver on my own, which I was excited for. I went to work everyday wondering if today would be the day my water would break. Now all that has changed, my water wouldn't spontaneously break... I was going in to be induced. It was such a weird feeling and frankly the anticipation was too much. Not sure if I ever want to do a scheduled induction again.
So here are my stats one last time before baby arrives...
How far along: 39 weeks
Total weight gain: 25 lbs... all baby weight :)
Names: As of last week we finally decided on Harper Lynne Harris. But then a few days ago I was in the tub and didn't feel like we were going to come home with a Harper. Oddly, that same day Jeff came home from work and said he didn't feel like she was a Harper either. So back to square one, still undecided. Other options are Piper and Saylor.
Maternity
clothes: NO!! Still wearing all my normal clothes, although some are more snug than others. I'm down to only 2 pairs of scrubs that still fit and I can still wear all my normal jeans... if I undo the button :) But to be honest if I'm not in scrubs for work, I'm in sweats at home. Just more comfy!
Stretch
marks: Still no stretch marks, I have some lucky genes (Thanks Mom)
Sleep: I get very restless and uncomfortable but after a nights work I have no problems sleeping 7 or 8 hrs straight (minus waking up for a pee break) And baby girl sleeps with me since she is awake the whole night when I work.
Movement: Since I'm so thin and all baby weight I feel EVERYTHING. She still hasn't slowed down and doesn't even act like it's getting crowded :)
Food cravings: Still no cravings. I'll eat pretty much anything but since the start of pregnancy I lost my sweet tooth and can't stand the taste of chicken. Hope both these come back after delivery.
Heartburn: NONE!!!
Belly Button in or out: It's definately an outie now!
I haven't had the best pregnancy but from week 30-38 I have felt incredible. My ligament pains are gone, and I can now walk without feeling pelvic pressure. This past week though... I'm ready to have a baby in my arms. Thank heavens I just started feeling this way. I feel bad for the pregnant mom's who feel like this their whole 3rd trimester.
Monday, January 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment