Choosing the boys names:
Jeff and I always wanted to name our first born son Hoyt (it's a hunting brand and ever since we were newly married I've loved that name) Coming up with names for twins is soooo hard. you don't want one better or more masculine than the other. Also if I had Harper and Hoyt, I didn't want my 3rd child wondering why he didn't have and 'H' name so we decided to go with the H theme. And then there is the middle names, I wanted Jeffery for one (Jeff hates his name and didn't want his name but I said too bad :) My whole pregnancy we tossed names back and forth. Well we went to the hospital with 4 names and said we would just wait and see.
Well boys were born and were Baby A and Baby B throughout the whole stay (made everything kind of a nightmare) The night before we were to be discharged we decided to start all over from scratch with names and just pray really hard about it because nothing was sounding right. So At discharge the nurse came in and said "so just waiting til the last minute to decide names huh?" Last minute, what? We are going home and will decide…. oh no, apparently in the state of Alaska, the hospital has to submit the paper work so you have to leave with a name. NOOOOOO!! We postponed our discharge almost 2 hrs cuz we couldn't come up with anything. So we went with our original 2 choices, Hoyt and Hayes. The middle names we thought since the whole pregnancy and hospital stay we referred to them as Baby A and Baby B we would do the acronyms to A and B for Jeff's work, Alpha and Bravo. But we went original and stuck with Jeffery and then my maiden name Burton. (Which how fitting, Hoyt Jeffery is a little mini Jeff and Hayes Burton has so much of the Burton genes in him… Crazy!!!)
AUGUST 15, 2015
Baby A born at 8:12 pm
(Hoyt Jeffery Harris)
Weight: 6 lb 1 inch
Length: 20 inches
(big boy for a twin, Harper was 6lb3oz at 39 weeks)
Baby B born at 8:27 pm
(Hayes Burton Harris)
Weight: 5 lb 7 inches
Length: 19 inches
Seriously such beautiful boys, Hoyt and Hayes!
Starting them off early… I love a binkie baby. From here on out Hoyt is always blue and Hayes is green! (And for the most part, all my pics will have Hoyt on the left and Hayes on the right. Although they are not identical and actually quite opposite in features, some still can't tell them apart)
Big Sis meeting the boys for the first time… she was very curious, not so gentle and then lost interest quickly.
My incredibly supportive husband and his boys.
This picture will always melt my heart. I wish I could just go back to this very moment… cuddling my babies, surrounded by my mom, husband and lots of nurses to help and let me sleep, ha ha ha.
Daddy and Hayes, aka little guy
Daddy's Big boy, Hoyt
Sunday Aug 17- Headed home in our preemie jammies. Hoyt weighing 5 lb 6 oz and Hayes 5 lb 2 oz
All 3 of my babies: Hayes, Harper, Hoyt- at the time all H names sounded cool, now (5 months later) not so much!!! ha ha
Yes, to those that are observant, I'm wearing the same outfit I went to the hospital in. I loved wearing maternity shirts and leggings after delivery, super comfy clothes and no pre-pregnancy clothes were going to be very flattering at this time.
Side note: I LOVE DELIVERING BABIES! I honestly think I would made a good surrogate mom. My pregnancies aren't super unbearable (unless your carrying twins and your uterus is extremely irritated so you contract for 6 week straight), but my deliveries are amazing. I think my body is just made to push out babies. The max I pushed for Harper was 10 min or so and even though I pushed more with these boys, it was on my terms. The Dr. had me push whenever I wanted, not just during the contractions and since I could feel a little more I felt delivering the twins was the easiest thing ever and never once was I short of breath or exhausted. And recovery after the twins was incredible. No pains, no soreness, swelling etc. I was up going shopping and to Dr appointments the next day.















No comments:
Post a Comment