Jeff and I were able to spend time a week in Mexico with Jeff's family. My sister in law's family has a house on the edge of Cabo so after she made sure the house was clear, we booked our flights and had the time of our lives. It was so fun to get away with the Harris family... I sure had a blast and I'm so glad I married Jeff and gained some great in-laws.
We left Monday morning, bright and early at 430 am, flew to LA and then to Cabo. We arrived in Cabo late afternoon. With Josh and Sheridan as our guides we did things and I saw things I never thought I would ever have a chance to do in my life. First thing we did was us girls (Sher, Diana and myself) took off grocery shopping to stock up on snacks and food for the week. We had a blast shopping at Costco and Walmart (we sure had lots of laughs). We were gone so long Jeff ended up calling to make sure we were ok!!! We ate out almost every meal, minus our picnic to Chileno Bay and a real homemade authentic 5 course Mexican meal made by Antonio (and his mother), who is the caretaker of the home!!! We had fresh homemade chips, guacamole and salsa everyday (also made by Antonio, and I have to say I'm now addicted to Guacamole.)
Views of the beach, the only house in Cabo you can see up and down both beaches
For transportation we drove around on the funnest scooters ever. We were the only people in town on them and everyone was jealous... especially those who came in off the cruise and had to walk everywhere. Jeff and I would love to live in Cabo some day. We would make a killing off renting Scooters... everyone asked where we got them. It was also fun to zoom in and out of traffic, cut through construction, drive on side walks, park wherever we wanted (we got to park next to all the Harleys on the marina... talk about VIP!!!)and drive up and down one way streets in the wrong direction.
The second day we were there Jeff and I were home alone and while I was filming a tour of the house (which was by the way 10,000 sq. ft.) I was scanning across the ocean and spotted what I thought was a whale... but it's a little late for whale season in Cabo.. but sure enough out of the ocean came this huge humpback whale and by its side a little baby. I yelled for Jeff and we watched this whale for over an hour play and jump and spin in the ocean not half a mile from the house. It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen (i'll try to post the video recording I caught.) Unfortuately no one else got to see this, but luckily I caught some amazing footage to show as proof since no one believed me at first.
Another day we were there we got to go swimming with the dolphins. What an amazing experience this was. We all had the time of our lives... I don't think I have ever been more amazed about such a creature. All of us just laughed and laughed and swallowed lots of salt water. The pictures they took turned out so good, we couldn't pass up the chance to buy them all, despite how outrageousely expensive they were. But the upside of traveling with 7 people is you split the cost of everything, so our trip ended up being a screaming deal.
We spent tons of time shopping (bought tons of souvenirs), eating out at all kinds of different little restaurants from $1.50 to $45.00 a meal. It sure was fun to use peso's at times but it became a real headache to calcute dollars to peso money but by the end of the trip I was pro... and so was my spanish. I learned so much spanish down there. I found that my 2 years in jr. high really came in handy 10 yrs later :)
Another day we spent on a beach called Chileno Bay. It had the clearest water for snorkeling... I didn't snorkel because the water was FREEZING!!! But I enjoyed taking pics of everyone, running up and down the beach for some exercise and of course Tanning... had to come home with a mexican tan :) The day we went to Chileno Bay was the first day with out wind.
(Jeff's face explains why I didn't have a bit of desire to snorkel!!!)
We also went on a glass bottom boat out to an area called Lovers Beach. It sure was fun to look down and see all these beautiful fish beneath you. We saw seals diving and swimming all around us and just enjoyed a beautiful little boat ride. It was nice to get out in the ocean and look back at beautiful Cabo... up until the Dolphin excursion, this boat ride was mine and Jeff's favorite, believe it or not!
Dear Diana, I think there was something spiked in your lemon sorbets, because you were a little off your rocker while in Cabo... oh how I love my mother in law!!!
So with the rest of the time we had between scooter rides and other adventures, we spent many hours laughing and talking all night in the hot tub, us girls going jogging on the beach while the men fished, playing cards and catch phrase til way into the night and just having endless laughs and just enjoyed each others company. I'm so glad we took this opportunity to bound with the Harris family. It was a trip so well worth it....
Well to wrap up this blog I can't end without sharing our expericence on the way home, why I would want to blog about it I'll never know but maybe someday we can all look back and laugh...
So this is what happened. Our flight was to leave at 8 pm. When we noticed it was delayed til 11 we decided to jump on the either flight that was leaving at 430. So we did... after sitting in the plane for an hour and not even moving, and having the pilot announce time after time there is a problem with hydraulics but everything is being worked out, and then deboarding us for an hour then cancelling our original flight (glad we didn't stick around for that one) then got on the intercom and cancelled the current flight we were on!!! THEN they tell us to call a certain number and book a seat for the next days flights... so we did and they couldn't send all 7 of us on a flight or anyother flight... so the only option we had to get home was drive from LA at midnight after already being in the airport for 5 hours. We met 2 incredible girls traveling from brazil and a german couple that rode with the 12 passenger van to Vegas. With all the luggage and 11 bodies it was a tight fit. But after a long drive with no sleep and alternating drivers, we finally made it home safely.


5 comments:
What a blast Tricia! Glad you had a great time
Oh I am so jealous. Its so beautiful there and it looked like you had such a great time!
Wow that looks like such a fun trip. What a beautiful home they have. I'm jealous, i need a vacation!
I love it! Diana sent out an e-mail about your way home experience and it made me cry! What a great family! Isn't Diana the best?! I laugh thinking about her! What an AMAZING experience - really 10,000 square feet! A whale and a baby! WOWOWOW! I am dreaming of my next vacation! I am excited to have you guys in AK soon!
What a trip! Those dolphin picture are amazing.
Post a Comment