Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Jeff and I enjoyed our holiday weekend with my family. Although we didn't do a whole lot it was fun to sit and laugh til all hours of the night. We went to a few movies, roasted marshmallows around Scott and Amandas fire pit, enjoyed an amazing firework show and just relaxed. It was kind of an emotional weekend for me since this would be our last trip home before we head to Alaska. Crazy how fast this summer went by, and the month of July will go even faster with both of us wrapping up our jobs, packing, cleaning and trying to find time to spent with the family we have here in St. George. Jeff is having a hard time understanding my feelings. He was able to go on a mission so he has already gone through the steps of leaving family and friends behind. For me, yes I've lived 4 hrs away from my family since I graduated high school but I've always been able to go home whenever I could. It breaks my heart that I'm going to miss my little sister having her first little girl, good think we have Skype so we can visit everyday. At this point it's hard to get too excited about moving so flippin far away but I do look forward to growing even closer to Jeff and having this adventure together, just me and him... Oh and our adorable dogs. It's crazy that just a year ago last fourth of July Jeff proposed to me up in Bear Lake. I've been so blessed to have him in my life. I'm glad he will be by my side forever.









This year was a little different without Jonny and Kim, Dan, and Jaxon. So hopefully the tradition of wearing our shirts still stood while they were away from us... and yes, we send Jonny a t-shirt in the MTC so hopefully he was a good boy and took of pic of him wearing it. Also, another difference this year was the firework show... ended amazing but started off with a boom (to say the least) not ten min into the show some fireworks shot straight into the crowd, and no I'm no exaggerating. I guess when the fireman lite them the whole row of fireworks tipped over and shot into the crowd. Everyone started screaming and running, including mine and Amanda's husband. As for the Burtons (mom, dad, Conner, Amanda and me) all stayed put laughing our heads off... all until one shot and blew up into the ground (pic below) and severely burned a ladies leg. But like I said it ended amazing and we sure left there laughing hysterically, some may have even peed their pants they laughed so hard :):) hahaha

1 comment:

Sam said...

I heard about the fireworks! I wish i would've gone, I could hear them from house though. They woke Hudson up!! You are so lucky that your family all gets along and you have great relationships. Good luck with everything in Alaska!!