Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trip to Utah

So I just got back early this morning from my 5 day trip home to Utah, and boy am I already home sick again. I woke up and just started crying about all that I miss, especially my little niece Brooklyn. Amanda and Scott were nice enough to pick me up bright and early from the airport in a gold cadillac. (They forgot the red carpet) :)
I spend every min possible with Amanda and my new little niece Brooklyn, who is now 7 weeks old!!! I went shopping everyday (no cute winter clothes here in Alaska, so had to bring an empty suitcase down so I could fill it will new clothes) I got to enjoy Cafe Rio, which Alaska is so missing out on and many Wendy's runs with Amanda. I even got to see my sis in-law Nikki and her baby Lexi for a little bit. It was just so nice to be home and happy. Sunday was Brooklyn's blessing and Scott did so amazing. Brooklyn wore Amanda's blessing outfit and just looked absolutely beautiful. I think Brooklyn definately knows who her favorite Aunt is :)She is probably the prettiest baby ever, I don't even know if it's possible to have a prettier baby. Amanda is the world's best mom and I love that she lets our family step up and help her. Every night my dad would bath her, she LOVES the tub and just swims like a frog pushing off the tub with her legs. I would lotion and dress her and I would take naps with her everyday. I taught her how to stick out her tongue over and over and I got her to start smiling and cooing, now Amanda says all she does is smile and coo. I love this girl so much, it's hard to imagine I could love anyone more than I do little Brooklyn. I told Amanda over and over I felt like she was mine :) But I sure missed my husband and our puppies... they were all so excited to see me. Jeff just wouldn't stop hugging me and the dogs were seizuring they were so excited. It's nice to be home with my husband but I would trade everything I have to be home with my family. This was an incredible trip home with so many laughs and plenty of good bye tears. Christmas better come soon so I can see the faces of everyone I love. I really have the best family ever and it was so good to see them all.




Jaxon loves his little cousin Book book... he was so cute with her, always trying to share his toys and kissing her. What a cute kid



OH how i will miss nap time with this little one... she is the world's best cuddler and makes the cutest noises when she is sleeping.










Little Lexi was kind of throwing a tantrum (no thanks to her mommy :) so after she slept for 10 min with a blanket over her face she was the happiest baby ever. Oh how I miss her too.

Sure was nice to see my grandparents too.



For family night, we went to Gardner Village. Poor boys had no idea what they were getting themselves into but it was well worth the trip up just to laugh so hard that a few or us (names with held) cried and peed their pants... this 2 hr event gave us enough laughter to hold us over for years and years to come.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you had such a good time, but we are soooo excited to have you back...you are all the joy that Alaska holds for me :). And I sure know Jeff was missing you...you were all he could talk about...he's obsessed ;).

*Clint & Rach Talbot* said...

SO glad you got to go home and spend some time with your family. You have a sweet family...dont blame you for being home sick at all. Get on the pregnant wagon girl and pop one out of your own!!..then they will come visit you in Alaska :)

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Oh I love it and I truely believe that babies make you see the world in a brighter light. There is no love like that love yo ufeel for the little ones that come straight from heaven. I'm glad you had a good time family is the best!

Tyson and Kimmie said...

Looks like you had a great trip home! Brooklyn is so adorable, and I can't believe how big Jaxon is! Hope you're loving Alaska, sounds like it's an awesome adventure!

Scott and Amanda said...

Ah i love you so much and i am so happy you were able to come up for her blessing i sure missed ko and chewy and i miss the yard sales friend:) well i love you and i should make a chain to count down for christmas!!!!