Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

So Mom, this is for you :)

My mom was complaining that I haven't updated our blog lately and she needs to see pics of us. Well it just so happened that I had a night off from work so Jeff and I drove downtown to enjoy some of the Fur Rendezvous activities that have been going on for a week. I"m sad we have been too busy to enjoy the activities such as dog sled racing, outhouse racing, fur trading, giant snowball fight, hockey games, oyster shucking, giant blanket toss, etc (I know, it sounds so podunk, but its so hilarious) But we did go enjoy the carnival and snow sculpting contest and this Saturday we will be Running with the Reindeer (yes, it's exactly what you think, instead of running with the bulls its with Reindeer) Then on Saturday is the kick off for the Iditarod, world famous dog sled racing across Alaska. So I'll have a few more posts to come after the weekend.

This is how Alaska stations their ATM's.... in a heated Trailer!!!

Jeff being super excited to get some funnel cakes.... until we found out the ATM machine wasn't working so we had no cash... lucky for him the carnival is still in town for 3 more days.




On our way to Ship Creek to look at the Snow Sculptures, I looked down from the bridge and just after telling Jeff I haven't seen a moose in at least a week... low and behold I spotted one hanging out by a hotel... so of course, we were off to snap some pics!!! Really, spotting moose never ever gets old.

Taking this pic was hilarious. First I got out of the truck to take the first pic and as I was tip toeing towards the moose, Jeff honks the horn and scares the pee out of me! Then, after laughing about it, I told him I wanted a pic of me and our friend... so as he sat in the truck I snuck up as close as I dared. At one point the moose stood straight up and just glared at me but then started eating again. So I tip toed closer and told Jeff to hurry and snap a pic... right as I turned my back I heard a noise from the bridge above and thought it was the moose charging after me and I screamed, but then turned and saw the moose hadn't moved. I literally was ten feet away, definately too close but now I have a cool pic.




If you know my husband, you will know that this pic suits his personality. I had to post it cuz the last pic I took and didnt post that was similar in context, he got mad!!! I just wish my glove wasn't covering the flash.

So in attempt to take another pic without my finger in the way, Jeff says nope, I only pose once!!! Oh Jeff, don't you know how much your wife loves taking pics.
Oh how I wish this was a real ice cream cone... preferably brownie/carmel cake batter from Cold Stone :)


Took awhile to figure out what this was, especially from the other side. Unfortunately it rained a little and ruined the smoothness and structure of some of the scllptures... but this was probably my favorite... good ol' Ice Age!!!

Now this next pic reminded Jeff and I immediately of my father in law, Gary. We couldn't stop lauging and know Gary would appreciate it...
So Gary is like a giant Oger. He comes off mean and gruff but really is the sweetest funnest guy ever!!! I really do have the best father in law. Can you guess what this sculpture is?


Well it is the guy off "How to train your Dragon"... the one with the stump for a leg!!! He is holding a dragon, I didn't get a pick of the back but that's where you can see the rest of the dragon body!!!

2 comments:

Tyson and Kimmie said...

WoW, it looks like you two are really enjoying yourselves. It all sounds like really fun, what a fun experience for both of you. I'm jealous you get to watch the Iditarod (sp?) race, it reminds me of the movie Iron Will. Keep having fun! And thanks for the cookie recipe!

Ryan said...

I miss Alaska so much, maybe we should move back.