Thursday morning I get off work at 730 am. I hurry and get to bed and told Jeff to wake me up at noon so we could leave by 1. Well next thing I know, the bedroom light flips on and Jeff yells at me "Um, it's 1 and you wanted to be on the road." Well excuse me that I slept an hour longer. Apparently he was out running errands getting things ready and tried calling my cell 4 times, but it was in the kitchen. So I hurry and try to get ready (with mild tension in the home.) Jeff leaves the house and goes to get gas. I get all packed and finishing cleaning the house and head to the truck when I hear Jeff say "We can't go." Come to find out, Jeff was on the phone with a trailer company. He had lost our only set of trailer keys... GREAT!!! I asked if he had looked in the house and he stated he didn't go inside. So I go look anyway just in case, no keys. He thought he left them on the bumper of the truck so I back track up and down the street looking. We then back track in the car and drive to Sportsmans and Walmart, where he was running errands, to find our only keys. The trailer company said it would take over a week to get the keys. Not good since we have another camping trip and bear hunt next week too. We can't even unhook the trailer for the truck either cuz we needed the hitch keys. So after 2 hrs of looking and lots of anger and frustration, I finally walk in the house, into the guest room and low and behold the keys lay in the middle of the bed. I ever so gently through them at Jeff and we both laughed and hugged and made up and headed on the road... UGH so frustrating!!! We get to Seward around 6, eat dinner and while at Dinner Ryan asks what I"m going to do for 12 hrs tomorrow while they are fishing. WHAT? Oh man, if I would've known it was a 12 hr Charter I would've just stayed home. oh well. Then we head out fishing at 9 pm. We get to the fishing spot and it is a mile off the parking lot, through rivers. You need watters to get across, Great!!! Jeff offers to carry me across but then I knew I would get cold sitting around so I offer to stay in the truck. Jeff said they would only be out and hour. So after an HOUR AND A HALF watching them fish through the binoculars and scoping out all the eagles, Jeff comes back with a beautiful Salmon. I was so proud of him. It was his first Alaska fish and the look on his face was priceless. We headed back to camp to gut and filet the fish and finally get to bed around 1230 pm.
Next morning I had to take Jeff to Ryan's campsite at 430 am. When I came back to camp I was wide awake. So I snuggled with the dogs in the sleeping back to get warm and fell asleep for only an hour. I talked to my mom well over an hour then took the dogs for a 2 1/2 hour walk along the beach and around town, dogging Bald Eagles and all. Then I went driving around for 2 hrs to look for bears and checked out some beautiful glaciers. I took myself to lunch then headed back to the camper to read and relax. Next thing I know its 3 and I decided to take a quick nap. At 4 Jeff's phone was ringing and it was him, letting me know they were back. They ended up only being out 10 hrs. I met up with them and was so proud of the fish he brought home, 2 halibut and 4 Cod. He had an absolute blast and to be honest, I enjoyed relaxing and it actually went by super fast. We then headed home so Jeff could work but look forward to camping for 4 days next week while we head out Bear hunting.
Our camp site... Ocean front baby. It is beautiful. Especially at night when you can campfire and watch the waves crash against the rocks.


Jeff and Ryan headed out to fish. What a duo!!! So glad Jeff has a friend like Ryan, we had a blast with him. Fishing in Alaska is completely different than anywhere Jeff has fished, so Ryan's expertise was greatly appreciated, and it sure paid off.
I sure enjoyed watching the Bald Eagles dive for fish whether in the water or being carried by people, they were after them. They are such beautiful birds. I spotted at least 10 in the trees.
My proud husband and his roughly 13 lb Red Salmon. Wished my camera took better pics, he wasn't too happy it was blurry :( Please note, this pic was taken at 1145 PM. Gotta love the Alaskan summers and the daylight
This is what the dogs and I did, relaxed and took lots of beautiful pics.
Exit Glacier. It was breath taking. You just have to see these magnificent glaciers in real life to realize how huge and beautiful they are.
Love that we have all this fish in our freezer. The halibut are small but it's early in the season. By the time we go next month they should be huge. Again, sure proud of my fisherman! He was so cute to watch gut and filet the fish.
Ryan being Ryan, and showing off his Rockfish.
It was fun to help out and vacuum seal all our fish. These machines are amazing.
Alaska is just so beautiful right now. The weather is so unpredictable but while in Seward it was sunny, blue skies mid 60's. I loved it and can't wait to come back when the in-laws come into town next month.


1 comment:
seriously i looks beautiful i am so mad that i dont live there with you but could you imagine me you the boys and brooklyn in a tent trailer haha oh the fun we would have. Well it looks like you guys had fun this weekend. That is quite a bunch of fish jeff got.
Post a Comment