Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Baby Harris #1 finally on the way
Well by now most the world knows that finally after 2 years of trying Jeff and I are finally expecting our first little one in January 2013. I've kinda kept a casual update now and then on the blog but just to update. We ended up doing IUI after Jeff's sperm count increased drastically on clomid. I'm not going to go into IUI detail but the MD said that since everything was perfect with me and the meds helped Jeff that there was a very small chance that IUI wouldn't work for us. So on April 20 we went in to get implanted. Such a strange feeling knowing your walking into the MD to get pregnant that very day. I had to sit and lay flat for 15 min after the procedure but I ended up laying there for 30 min, just to be sure :) I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks later and was beyond relieved, excited, shocked, happy, emotional about the fact that it said "YES" (I had to buy the yes/no one, I wasn't going to waste time trying to read if the line was dark enough, etc :) We went in at 6 weeks for an ultrasound and heard the heart beat, 135. We were soooo excited. I then heard the heart beat at my 12 week appt and it was 160. And now within a matter of weeks we will be able to find out what the sex is. The first trimester was the LONGEST EVER!!! I'm definately glad it is over. At week 6-7 I hit some pretty unsettling nausea, although never threw up (well minus the fishing charter we went on, but being on the ocean water and pregnant doesn't make a good combo) The nausea was gone at week 8, unless I went too long without eating, it was exhausting to eat every 2 hrs but I managed. I never really hit the exhaustion/taking nap stage, probably because I knew life goes on and I had to work and I just told myself to keep going. I don't have any cravings... but lots of dislikes!!! I eat lots of fruit and veggies and I lost my sweet tooth (this is very devasting to me, I wish I craved my sugar) Well no pregnancy pics yet, still waiting to pop I guess so there is actually something to photograph. I haven't gained any weight, although I feel as if I have!!! We are just so very blessed to have a baby on the way, it is just so surreal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
yay!!!!!! im so glad you FINALLY updated:) love ya and i love this little mini harris!!!
I am so genuinely excited for you. You will be such a good mom. Im glad your feeling better it can be quite frustrating being sick all the time and A: not being able to tell any one and B: having nothing to show for it(still surreal). Keep the updates coming.
Post a Comment