Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 24, 2012

24 week pregnancy SCARE!!!

Well lets just cut to the chase... I'm already a high risk pregnancy due to my placenta previa and my vasa previa (vessels on the cervix). Well one day I had a rough night, not able to sleep. I felt a lot of pressure (lower abdomen) and all day long I was super tired but couldn't sleep. I just felt uncomfortable... didn't really cramp just felt pain when I was up walking around. During the night I had a feeling that I was "leaking" and my first thought (being a nurse) was it was amniotic fluid. I brushed it off all day long. I told my mom and sister and after hearing their advice (my mom was flipping out, telling me to call the dr) I decided to brush it off and just wait and see. Well sure enough we were getting ready to go out with friends and being I just got over some bronchitis, I still have a slight lingering cough. Well I coughed and felt a gush of fluid (no ladies, I didn't pee my pants after coughing cuz I had just gone to the bathroom). I immediately called my Dr. and she said I had to get in ASAP. So off to OB triage we went, nervous as ever. I'm just barely 24 weeks... I have a long ways to go before little girl should arrive.
So we arrive and the testing began. They did 3 different tests to determine if it was sure enough amniotic fluid. If it was, they were admitting me on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy!!! THE REMAINDER OF MY PREGNANCY!!! No bedrest at home, bedrest at the hospital!!! Oh the emotions hit me hard... I work full time to carry insurance until Jeff gets called out to Oklahoma for training and he starts carrying insurance. And if Jeff does get called out, I'm here alone, on bedrest... at the hospital. With all we have been through trying to get pregnant and then the vasa previa, and now possible membranes rupturing... it's taking all our patience, energy and faith to get this little one here!!!
Well after waiting 2 hours for lab results and a pelvic exam, the dr asked if I've ever been diagnosed with endometrial cysts. I said no, and she said it looked as if I had the remainder of one. So the gush of fluid was just the rupture of the cyst (explains the pressure and pain i felt) And the lab results came back positive for an infection. So thank heavens I was discharged with an antibiotic. I have to still follow up with the perinatologist to double check my amniotic fluid levels and see the status of my vasa previa... so I'm not out of the woods yet.
I just want to say first off how greatful I am for a heavenly father to send us this true miracle. I will do whatever I have to to keep her safe and inside of me for as long as I can.... sadly even if it means bedrest. This was a scare I never want to experience again.
Second off, I saw a new side of my husband I have never seen. I had a moment of extreme pain and he stood there, held my hand, told me to squeeze his hand has hard as I wanted. Later I apologized for squeezing so hard and he said, "Babe, I wanted to feel the pain you were going through." At that moment, I knew I can do anything with him by my side. I can't wait to watch him be a dad... and to protect and provide for me and our little girl and other kids waiting up in heaven to join our family. I love him so very much and with us just celebrating our 3 year anniversary, I love that we have such a strong marriage and friendship built before we brought kids into the family. The past 3 years have been incredible and I know we will never get that time back. I know our kids will bless and enrich our lives and I look forward to growing old with Jeff and being by his side for eternity.

1 comment:

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Glad everything is "ok" I have been waiting for you to update this hoping you would explain your comment on facebook. Hang in there and take it easy cook that little one more so you can take her home with you.