Well at our 20 week appt we had our "first" ultrasound at the Dr office. I had a previous ultrasound with our friend Kari, but the Dr didn't know we already knew the gender. The whole night before I kept dreaming we actually found out it was a boy. I kinda wanted a boy to start with and now that we know we are having a girl I was sad about my dream thinking we were now having a boy. My mind has been in girl mode so now I don't want a boy :), at least not for our 1st!
So our ultrasound went well... little one is a MOVER!!! NEVER EVER stops. there is never a moment when I have to stop and think"I havne't felt her in awhile" it becomes quite painful when she keeps poking and jabbing the same spot over and over... and she is a major roller... it is crazy to watch my belly transform. I feel fortunate that I started feeling her earlier than my baby app and dr said I would. All her organs are growing well. Both ultrasound we have had done she was holding and chewing the umbilical cord so we know her dexterity is working just fine. She also kept playing with her hands and clasping them. Sadly we didn't get a very good profile pic cuz her face was barried in my pelvis (we tried multiple times and tried waiting patiently for her to turn but she wasn't going to have it) Jeff and I are already calling her our little SH** :) She truly is a stink and I can't wait to hold and snuggle the little one!
At the end of our ultrasound as we were checking the placenta the tech ended up having to do a vaginal scan because she couldn't detect it... and low and behold I have placenta previa. (which now explains why I started feeling her at 17 weeks and why all her movements are so noticeable, I have no cushion since the placenta is low and posterior) good heck, this whole baby process from conception to now has not been a walk in the park for us. So after she looked around for a bit she said she needed to go get the dr... um ok not a good sign. Well the dr wasn't concerned about my placenta just yet. Even though it's already planted on the uterine wall, hopefully once my uterus lifts the placenta will move away from my cervix. But the biggest concen is i have a blood vessel on my cervix that could become a big concern. So lucky US (Jeff and I) I got put on pelvic rest at 20 weeks! I have to have ultrasounds every 4 weeks to watch the progression. If there is not progress with the placenta then it's a c-section, UGH! (and not to mention pelvic rest for the remainder of my pregnancy.. my poor husband :) And once I get later in pregnancy I need to watch for signs of the ruptured vessel. As I grow and as the cervix thins towards term then the vessel could most likely rupture... which at this point I don't wanna think too much or worry myself. My little girl is healthy, moving, and growing very well. We have been beyond blessed and have faced many trials to get this little girl here and we just continue to pray and thank our heavenly father for all our many many blessings.
22 weeks and loving the belly (I can't stop rubbing it, I love love it)
20 weeks and not feeling the best (got bronchitis and asthma that lasted 4 flippin weeks, thank you pregnancy)


1 comment:
You are so cute Trish!!! You/She grew so much in 2 weeks!!! Love it!!! Love you all
Post a Comment