Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 14, 2013

Summertime in Alaska

Memorial Day
We have been here for 3 years and have yet to go to the zoo here... now I know why! And lets just say we will never go again. We saw black bears, grizzlies, moose, musk ox, fox, eagles and otters (all that we get to see in the wild) other attractions were a polar bear, camel, tiger, and wolves. Boring? Very much, but it was fun to get out of the house. And Harper loved watching the animals. She is really into animals lately and I love it! Someday we will make it to the Utah zoo. 

 Goose Lake
The weather this summer has been AMAZING... multiple days of 80 degrees (and trust me 80 degrees here is sooo much hotter than in the lower 48, I don't know why but ask anyone in Alaska who has also lived elsewhere) So we have taken advantage of it. We found a little santuary called Goose Lake and we have been multiple times as a family and with friends. I even went and bought Harper's first little pool and she just loves splashing around. She is definately an outdoors baby!
I've been running lately to hopefully shed a few more baby pounds and about a half mile into the run the dogs gave up and stopped running with me, resulting in me dragging them. The second I stopped Chewy jumped in the bottom of the stroller... silly dogs. I'm loving all this nice weather and the fact that I can go running and hopefully catch some sun while doing it. 


No comments: