This last weekend we had homemade Cafe Rio night. One of my new best friends, Meg got all the cafe rio recipes from the pork to the tortillas, beans, rice and salad dressing. It turned out so good (minus the fact that I botched the dressing and caught her dish rag on fire that her mom gave her). We just love the weekends with our friends, they have been so fun and have really made this whole Alaska adventure much more enjoyable.
Halloween was really fun this year. I havent dressed up since I was in elementary school. Jeff loves Halloween so as he was headed to work on saturday he told me i better go buy us costumes and if I didnt he would be highly disappointed. Well I didn't know he loved the holiday so much so off I went to buy last min costumes. Unfortunately the only mens costumes I could find were all XXL, so yes my husbands sexy Zorro suit was too big but we still had so much fun. We went across the street to the church and enjoyed walking around and Meg and I watched the boys play games for treats. Then we came to our house to enjoy the much anticipated Cafe rio night, it was a huge hit and I think we are planning for one at least once a month. I'm so thankful for the many good friends we have met. We sure love them all.
While looking for our costumes I found the dogs these cool looking fur lined hoodies... believe it or not even with as much fur as they have I don't think they've accustomed to the Alaskan cold, they shiver whenever we take them out, cute little dogs.
Also our Anniversary gift finally came... our new bedroom set. We LOVE it!!! It would look so much better if we painted the walls a diff color other than white but it really has kept our room clean (Jeff will be the first to tell you that ever since we got married you have never been able to see our bedroom floor due to all the clothes we own)


5 comments:
I love the new furniture! Looks so good!!
We had a blast too! You guys just keep us all laughing; we're sure going to miss you.
trish you look hot. :) i wish i was there in alaska so i could hang out with friends:) but i guess i wouldnt be invited unless i had a palm and got rid of brooklyn haha love you guys
I love the furniture!! I dream about all that stuff everynight and I never cared about it before but I want everything matchy matchy in the new house and that bedroom set is pretty! It gave me some ideas :)
I love your bedroom furniture. Im glad you are getting to know so many people.
Post a Comment