Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Harris Update

Well things around the Harris household have been a little crazy lately...lets just say we are on the count down to our Flordia vacation in 10 days. 2 weeks ago things weren't working out for Jeff at work... well they haven't been working out for him ever since he started 8 months ago. So we decided that with finals around the corner, him preparing for the ATSAT and going on vacation, he would take this time off to relax and not worry about working. I love having him home, he is a perfect house wife. He hates not working but we will see what happens once we get back from vacation. He starts his summer semester and then with the beautiful Alaskan weather, fishing, camping, hunting... Jeff may just only get a very part time job. This has been Jeff's dream to live in Alaska since he was on his mission. Now that we are here, I want him to enjoy every bit of it... even if that means I have to work more to pick up the slack of not having him work. I figure, Jeff will work many long hours for 20 years before he retires and while I'm a stay at home mom... I think it's fair to say that me working extra long days and hours now for a few more months is a fair trade.
As for me, Jeff not working has actually been a huge blessing. I'm picking up tons of extra hours and have even had a new job opportunity come my way. I am loving both my jobs right now. It's so nice and so less stressful to come home, sleep and wake up to the house clean, dishes done, dogs taken care of and all I have to do is relax, make dinner and head back to work. Jeff really is the perfect husband and I'm so glad that even with him not working, our lives won't change a bit. We still love each other, now more than ever, we have great friends, great church callings, the gospel and our families. We look forward to our many vacations this summer and our families coming up to visit.
So for the last 2 weeks we have enjoyed our time together. We've enjoyed going to the park with the dogs, catching movies, shopping, running errands, and hanging out with friends. We had a great Easter weekend... the Easter Bunny even found his way into our homes and got us new clothes, books, games and a little candy :) We had a perfect dinner with our friends the Maisey's and even invited Ken and an investigator to join us. We are loving our endless missionary opportunities and just love being in Alaska right now.