Jeff had some friends (mission companions) coming up from Utah and would be fishing on the Kenai for a week straight so I decided instead of sitting home alone with Harper that we would just fly home to Utah. You would think flying home every 2 months would be exhausting but Harper and I are becoming quite the little travellers. We were able spend lots of time with both families which is nice... usually we are only in town a few days and seeing both families gets hectic. First stop was down in Southern Utah in Pine Valley with Jeff's family on the Wade Ranch.
Craft day with Grandma Dina... she always come prepared. This year it was Harry Potter wands and princess crowns. And yes, she made Harper make one too :)
A classic pic... where is the horse's body???
We loved swimming at Veyo pool. Harper was in heaven. We same for hours. She is such a little fish.Getting in some snuggle time with my easy going sweetheart.
These 2 had a competition on how many flies they could kill... Gary was proud of his 60 and Tip lost track after 70... GROSS!
Harper loved swinging with her Grandpa Gary... acutally this girl just loves to be outside.
First 4 wheeler ride.... whenever I would hit the gas she would kick her feet and gasp then squeal.
And her first horsey ride. A girl after my own heart. This trip truly was my heaven... ranch life and horses, what more can a girl ask for.
Harper loving on 3 week old puppies... she couldn't get enough of them. This girl loves her animals... I can't wait for when she gets older and we can take her to pick out her very first pet.
Diana really wanted a pic of all the grandkids. Well heavens we were on a ranch for 4 days, do you think any of our kids were well kept and clean. This was taken as we were literally pulling away to leave town... needless to say this was the best pic we got, but to me it is PRICELESS!!!
After my time in Pine Valley we headed up to Pleasant Grove to spend a few days there. We never stopped. Everytime I'm in town all I ever want to do is go to the zoo but it has never panned out... well dang it this time I was determined to get there... and we did !!! And I loved it!!! And I can't wait to go back.
My favorite exhibit. I have been dying to see this since I read that it opened on KSL. And it didn't disappoint. This polar bear was so active and Harper loved watching it swim and jump up the window. We stayed her for quite some time, not to mention there was an indoor air conditioned facility to relax and cool down in.Harper was facinated with the seals. They kept fighting and you could hear them barking at eachother under water. What an incredible facility with all these windows to view the animals. Can't wait to go back some day.
This pic was hilarious... right after this was taken the momma giraffe started peeing and the baby stuck it's head in the stream. We were dying laughing... sorry probably TMI.
Since the weather was so beautiful (and very hot) the whole time we were in Utah, we took advantage of it and headed tried to be outside as much as possible. 2 days in a row we went to PG beach, we is just a new man made pond with beach sand to play in. It was pretty relaxing and Harper had a hay day splashing kicking and squeeling.
We also enjoyed being kids at Jump on it. Harper at first didn't know what to think of all the bouncing but then soon realized how fun it was. Its fun to watch her smile as we get out and do new things.

















No comments:
Post a Comment