Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Harper 9 months

We just love my sweet baby girl. Between me and Jeff we probably kiss this girl a million times a day. Here are her updates at 9 months:

Weight: 18 lbs 10 oz (60%)
Length: 29 1/4 in (95%)
Head: 44.9 cm (75%)

  • She started crawling and pulling herself up at 7 1/2 months.
  • She started walking along furniture at 8 months.
  • She LOVES to eat. She eats 3 meals a day with 3 bottles in between before naps and bedtime.
  • She slept through the night at 8 months (It took 1 night of crying it out for an hour and the next night was 15 min and that was all it took... YEAH!!!) Occasionally she wakes up ever so often crying, sometimes it's night terrors and it takes awhile to calm her down (usually with rocking and humming to her) but usually we just go give her her binkie and blanket and she is golden.
  • She stands free handed all the time and will stand up in the middle of the room by herself...  (she will be walking in no time!!!)
  • She LOVES her TV. She is definitely her daddy's girl. If the TV is on you can yell her name over and over and she won't look at you. And if you get in her way she will move her head so she can still see the TV... silly girl
  • She loves to read books and will turn the page whether your ready for it or not. Sometimes she will be patient and wait until you say "OK, turn the page" 
  • She loves bath time. Her baths usually last 20-40 min... yes she is wrinkly as a prune when she gets out most times. 
  • She HATES getting out of the tub. HATES getting dressed. HATES getting her diaper changed (she makes it very difficult kicking and arching her back)
  • She loves car rides and will stare out the window all day (I got a new car so now she can see out the windows and will just talk to herself and watch all that goes by)
  • She is very good at self entertaining. Quite often I will put her in her room with all her toys around her and she will just play for up to an hour all by herself... talking, screaming, dancing (I'm usually hiding at the door watching her, taking pics or face timing with family. I rarely get anything done cuz I'm too busy watching her.)
  • She says "Whoa" and "Yeah" and occasional "Dada" and she just started saying "mama" :)
  • She loves other kids. She doesn't necessarily play with them but along side them. And she loves watching older kids play and will often laugh thinking they are so funny 
  • She is a very busy, always on the go baby (she has been ever since in the womb!) 
  • She loves the dogs and will often grab Chewys' toy and he will try to grab it or knock her over trying to get it and she just giggles. She will crawl and follow them under my bed. She gets mad that she can't get under the bed with them but she will lay on her tummy and watch them. 
  • She still loves animals... all animals. Even stuffed animals :) I've started buying a beanie boo collection for her (I know, kinda lame but I had an obsession with beanie babies growing up and my niece got me addicted to these stuffed animals.)
  • At 9 months she has 5 teeth. She is a pretty good teether minus getting a cold with runny nose every time. 
I don't know what more I can say but that Jeff and I are truly blessed. We both just can't get enough of her and her sweet spirit. She loves to cuddle when she is tired and we just both soak it up. We both fight for who is going to go get her out of her crib cuz she is just the cutest, standing up in the corner closest to the door yelling and jabbering until we come and once we open the door she starts jumping and squealing. She is the happiest little thing to wake up to and it just brightens our day.

(Pics in chronological order starting at 8 months)
I've learned that whatever keeps her busy and makes her happy so I can either sleep after working a 13 hour night shift or getting housework done then more power to her. She loves pulling down the DVDs DAILY... and every night I love picking them up because I know we had a good day.
 Happy 8 months pretty girl.
A nice warm bottle right before bed does a baby good. She just passes right out and we love getting in last minute snuggles before laying her down.
Harper just because you can crawl doesn't mean you can go anywhere you want. Crawling in the TV stand, under the coffee table and under your toys gets you stuck, angry and all this momma says is you got yourself stuck, so get yourself unstuck!!! I know I'm mean but she is a smart girl and has learned how to not get stuck. (One would just avoid the obstacle but she just fights it until she conquers it... kinda like her momma:)
"Tada!!!  See I did it mommy... I didn't need your help after all."
The bond between Jeff and Harper is unbreakable. He loves making her laugh and she will just giggle and giggle and giggle. She truly is her daddy's girl.
Harper was slowly waking up from her nap. I wanted to get a pic of her cuddling with me. When I turned the camera around so we could see ourselves I started making funny faces and she smiled. Love her cheesy grin.
Harper chillaxin and watching TV... and then I got in the way trying to get her to smile and apparently whatever she was watching was more important than me!
9 month check-up... she was all about the big window. The Dr ended up saying I should probably hold her because we couldn't break her away from whatever was going on outside to do her check up.

No comments: