Jeff and I have been trying to get his mom to come up for the Iditarod ever since our first year here. We finally were able to convince Gary to surprise her with a trip up... but of course he ended up spilling the beans because Diana was getting suspicious that Jeff was calling her work to try and make sure she could get the time off. But we got them both up here and we had a blast. As usual with all our visitors, we kept them busy and had the whole trip planned. They flew in Thursday night, chilled with us on Friday and then enjoyed all the Iditarod and Fur Rondy activities on Saturday. Sunday we hit up sacrament before taking off to Fairbanks to enjoy the World Championship Ice Sculpting contests, Northern Lights and Chena hot springs. I feel bad that in order to go anywhere fun or worth seeing there is always a long drive... the one to Fairbanks was 6 hours (and Harper never cried once on the drive. Between taking a nap, eating lots of snacks, stopping ever so often and playing with toys she is the best little car traveler ever!) But it was great bonding time, lots of laughs and memorable conversations. I truly have been blessed with incredible in laws who I love just as much as my own parents. I'm so glad they could make this trip up and can't wait to have them come again... someday!








Here is Dallas Seavey, 2012 Iditarod winner. He is Diana's favorite (she even named her cat after him) and it just so lucked out that he won this year as well. It was an amazing race and I sure enjoy following it with Diana.
We also went and visited North Pole, Alaska while in Fairbanks and stopped in at Santa's house. Harper was getting a kick out of Santa's chair and literally was in it for over a half hour, just chilling and laughing. Everytime I put my arms out to pick her up she would turn away from me. So we just let her chill.
This little girl just wanted to walk everywhere. I was so nervous to take her out of the stroller where she was all bundled up but she didn't even act phased with the temps. She loved it all, and she slipped and fell alot but never whined. She just couldn't get up by herself because of her snow suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment