Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pregnancy Update with Twins: 36 weeks


How far along: 36 Weeks... FINALLY. This has been the longest pregnancy EVER!!! But it's going to come to an end very quickly. At my appt this week I made the dr. check me since I've been contracting and cramping (very very painful, takes my breath away) and sure enough I'm 3.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. It's all becoming real now. 
Total weight gain/loss: 24 lbs! (weigh 139 lb) Which just blows my mind... I gained 25 lb total with Harper (delivering her at 39 weeks). The dr told me to plan for a 30-40 weight gain this time, I thought for sure I would've gained more (trust me I feel like I have) But I'm measuring 40 cm this week, so again I'm carrying all the weight straight out front. 
Names: Still no name for baby B. We have 2-3 options we will go to the hospital with but I'm afraid we are going to come home with Hoyt Jeffery Harris and Baby Burton Harris (pretty sure we are still using my maiden name for the middle name, that might change too)
Maternity clothes: Clothes... what's that? Seriously I rarely get dressed because NOTHING fits. My belly is such an odd shape that even maternity shirts aren't long enough. I wear sweats around the house and getting out of the house gives me anxiety because I'm either wearing sweats, or leggings with the same 2-3 shirts. I'm carrying so low now that even sweats hurt my belly. 
Stretch marks: NONE!!!  I look every day and the dr just keeps telling me how nice my skin looks (thanks mom for great genetics) Even though I know lotion doesn't help I still rub it on every day (mostly cuz I itch) but i thought there was no way I was going to walk away from them this pregnancy. So far so good!
Sleep: OH Sleep... someday I we will become reacquainted! For 2 weeks now this is my sleeping routine... Start out on the couch (bedroom is way too hot with no A/C), pee every 2-3 hours, then go into the bedroom until 7 am when Jeff gets up, Then out to the recliner unit Harper wakes up. (I have to sleep in the recliner every morning due to severe rib pain from a dislocated rib and pinched nerve thanks to baby B. )
Movement: Still constant, but slowing down now that room is getting a little tight but when one wakes up so does the other. 
Food cravings: I crave Pepsi and Reece's now. Thanks heavens it's the end of my pregnancy and not the beginning. 
Heartburn: Very little heartburn if I eat right before bedtime but I never have to take anything for it. I'm shocked it isn't worse, especially with Baby B sitting so high in my stomach.
Belly Button in or out:  Oh is there even a question... I'm so far stretched it doesn't even look like I have an actually button anymore.
Overall: So for the last 2 days I have felt great (I keep telling everyone I think this is the calm before the storm) Prior to this week I was very very selfish and wanted this babies out ASAP. At week 32.5 I called my dr because I started cramping. Now I've been contracting since week 30, some I can feel others I can't, I just notice a hard stomach, so I knew these were braxton hicks. (I still never had these with Harper) But the contractions over time got stronger and longer and more painful... and then the cramping came. Severe period like cramps that took my breath away. I ended up in triage for 5 hrs one night, definitely was contracting regularly... pushing preterm labor. They gave me a shot of Terbutaline (awful awful shot... burned and stung like hell and gave me the severe shakes and increased HR for over an hour) to stop any preterm labor. (I wasn't dilated yet and UA came back neg for infection or dehydration and cervical swab came back neg as well)

The contractions and cramping have just continued to get worse as the weeks went on and this is why at 36 weeks I finally had my dr. check me for the first time. 
At 34 weeks I had my last U/S of babies... both head down (baby B is head down but lying transverse, not what the dr prefers for a vaginally delivery but no indication for c-section yet)Both boys were weighing 4.7 lb (which is what a singleton baby should be weighing at 34 weeks, so they are growing just fine) It's crazy to think I delivered Harper at 6 lb 3 oz full term and I'm already carrying equivalent to a 9 lb baby now at 34 weeks. 
Speaking of 9 lb baby, I failed my 1 hr glucose test!!! FML!!! I avoided the 3 hr test for 3 weeks until the dr got after me... luckily I passed but it was the worst 3 hours ever. The drink was twice as strong and I had a headache from hell and was super thirsty for water but you can't drink any until your done testing. Most twin pregnancies fail the 1 hr test, and about half fail the 3 hr test so I'm glad I passed with flying colors cuz I wasn't about to start watching what I ate... especially since I'm already weighing under what the dr expected for a twin pregnancy. 

30 WEEKS!!!

Left: 36 wks with Harper. Right: 36 wks with Twins
(I tried this blue shirt on the other day and I couldn't even pull it over my belly it was so tight. The last time I wore it was 30 weeks when Jeff came home from Oklahoma. So the pic may not show a big difference but trust me, things don't fit the same.)



No comments: