Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fur Rondy/ Iditarod 2013

It's that time of year again, Anchorage is celebrating Fur Rondy and the start of the Iditarod sled dog race. Jeff and I look forward to this all winter long. We were especially excited to take Harper to another Alaska tradition. Well I got smacked with a head cold the day prior and Jeff had to work so we weren't out as long as wanted to be but at least we went. We went with the Ruggles and afterwards went and had breakfast at Peggy's (a new tradition since the diner we use to go to after the Iditarod closed down).
 This seriously is the cutest thing ever!!! Love them both so very much.
 Snuggled up close to Daddy, nice and warm and sound asleep.
Yes I said this last year and I will say it again... I get chills every time a sled team goes by. It truly is the coolest event ever. These dogs live for this race, and so do most Alaskans :)
GO JAMAICA!!!! So glad to see him come back this year. Hope he does better, he scratched pretty early last year.
All cozy in her carseat. She LOVES being in her car seat and you don't even have to be driving. Many times we will leave her in it once we get home and she is as content as can be.
 
 And here he is again... the Great Alaska Bushman. We never miss him. In fact it's almost like "where's waldo" everywhere we go. (He makes you pay a donation fee for frontal pics so unless we are far away and I zoom in all we get are back and side shots)
Earlier in the week for family night we ventured down to the Snow Sculptures. Last year we went after it had snowed and it was hard to see what they were with the fresh snow on top so this year we went down the day after they were judged so they were nice and crisp looking.
 Look how amazing this Moose sculpture is... it was actually the winner. The detail of it all was incredible.
This one was pretty cool too, it was a "Whale" airplane. The pics and lighting don't do any of these sculptures justice.
And yet we meet again Mr. Alaska Bushman.
 

No comments: