Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Harpers 2 month check-up

I just absolutely love watching Harper grow up. She sure has been the greatest blessing in our lives. We just had her 2 month check up and she is just growing so well. (I wish my dr. gave me percentages) She had her first shots and was a champ. She was starving so I quickly gave her a bottle and she only got 1 oz down before the nurses came in with the shots. So I held her arms down and put my face against her's. They gave the shots, she screamed, i quickly picked her up and gave her the rest of her bottle and she downed it. (she drinks 4 oz like it's nothing) She never cried again. I gave her a hot bath that night and massaged out the knots in both legs and she still didn't act bothered. She did spike a mild temp the next day but it went away 24 hrs later. I was glad we got these done prior to going to Utah. The dr. checked out her umbilical hernia, said it is pretty common and that it will go away. It has grown so much in the last 2 weeks so I hope it doesn't continue to get worse, because it's just awkward looking. It doesn't bother her at all which most people think it would. It's just a bulge in her belly :)
Length: 21.5 inches
Weight: 11 lbs
This pic was taken right after her shots were given... such a sweet girl. (don't mind my pasty-ness :) I caught the cold this day and felt no desire to get ready just to go to a dr. appt.)

A few updates bout our baby girl:
  • She is finally out of newborn diapers. I have started boxing newborn clothes, she can still wear a few outfits. The 0-3 month outfits seem to drown her but I know that wont last long.
  • She is a great eater. I breast feed every 2-3 hrs in the day and she does 5-6 hrs at night. I will pump a bottle during the day to give her if we are out running errands or when Jeff is home in the mornings so I can sleep in. She does great taking a bottle and is definately not picky with breast vs. bottle, as long as she gets to eat :)
  • She is a morning person... so not my daughter. She likes to wake up between 5-6 am wide awake. She will go back down around 7 am for 1-2 hrs and then is wake until around noon-ish and then will take a 3-4 hr nap sometime in the afternoon. I love when she is awake, I just sit and talk to her. (Since she is awake so much during the day I don't get much done around the house... not a very good housewife :)
  • She loves her car seat. She loves car rides and often when I get home she will stay in her car seat a good hour or so sleeping or just hanging out .
  • She started smiling at me at 6 weeks old and now smiles and coo's all the time, especially in the mornings.
  • She LOVES to lay on the changing table. It's the best time to get her talking and cooing at you. Often I leave her laying there while I pick up her room, fold laundry or just pick up around the house.
  • When she is tired and wants to go to bed she will scream and let you know. And at that point she just wants to be layed down... no cuddling, no rocking or bouncing.
  • She is so easy to put to bed. You just swaddler her right up, give her the binkie and lay her down. She no longer has to cry it out. Occasionally she will fuse a little but it's just because she is beyond tired. I'm so glad we let her cry it out so early because laying her down is so easy. And she self soothes, if she wakes up during a nap or during the night and is still tired she goes right back to sleep and doesn't need to be coddled or soothed. I love it!!!
  •  

No comments: