I'm one that hates change... I don't adjust well to it. And our little family as had a lot of change lately. First off I went back to work when Harper was almost 9 weeks old. I went back to one job since I carried the insurance and ran out of PTO for a full leave but stretched my maternity leave with my other job. After only a month back Jeff and I decided it was time to quit my main job at Providence Hospital but stay PRN at Alaska Regional since I get to determine when and how often I want to work. It was definitely hard to leave the crew I work with and I just absolutely loved my manager. I will not miss working on the ortho floor. It was way too exhausting and I hated the day in day out same routine over and over. I like my job at Regional being a step down ICU where I get to do critical care and every night its a different story.
Jeff also had a change in jobs. He is now the manager at GNC and is doing so well. He absolutely loves it. He is such a people person and it's been a HUGE blessing for him to get this job. He now carries the insurance which is the main reason for me quitting Providence and lets me be home more to be a mom and wife.
With the sequestration going on with the government and FAA we have found out that he now wont be going to Oklahoma for his ATC training until the fall. It has been the biggest headache having to wait almost 2 whole years since he has graduated to get started with his career. We just keep praying the Lord will continue to bless us as we try to be so very patient.
The next bitter sweet change was I was released as the YW president. Jeff and I have been serving with the youth since we moved into the ward over a year ago. He is the scout master and 1st counsellor in the YM. After having the baby it wasn't the most ideal calling with us both being out of the home so much. What made it hard was me going back to work. My time at home and being with Harper was becoming stretched and my time with Jeff was non-existence. I was becoming extremely stressed, emotional and basically pushing depression. I know the Lord called me to be the YW president for a reason but after lots of prayers and after being approached by the bishopric they felt best I was released. I loved my calling, I loved my counsellors and I loved the girls I served but I hated that I was breaking down. I felt like a terrible wife and a run down exhausted mother being pulled in so many directions. I wish I could do it all and maybe eventually I will be able to.
I know the Lord is watching out for our family. I know there is a reason Harper came into our lives when she did. I know that we have been so blessed with Jeff working and me being able to stay home more. And I know EVENTUALLY Jeff will go to Oklahoma and will start his career and future as an Air traffic Controller.
And last but not least is the bitter sweet change of Harper growing up so fast. We are both so in love with her and all the milestones she is reaching. She is the biggest blessing in our lives and we couldn't imagine our lives without her. She has us both wrapped around her little chubby fingers.
Friday, April 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment