I was so excited for Easter this year because it was Harpers first holiday. And I know this whole year is going to be full of firsts which makes me even more excited. The Easter bunny sure did spoil her. She got 2 books, 2 new toys for her play mat, her first cabbage patch doll, a new spring dress and then the movie HOP.
Harper loves her play mat and new toys and she is starting to enjoy books. She will sit on my lap and look at all the pages and once I stop reading she will start kicking and getting restless. I hope she loves books because I think it's a perfect quiet time activity as she gets older.
Jeff and I splurged at the Sportsman Show and bought some new beautiful wall paintings for each other for Easter. He really wanted the Caribou one and I didn't want just one pic so he let me choose what I wanted. I love these paintings and know that no matter where we settle down in the future we will always have a bit of "Alaska" in our home. The painter is Brent R. Todd for SLC. He was such a neat guy to meet and we hope that we will cross paths again with him someday and who knows, maybe we will buy some more of his art work.
We had a very relaxing Easter. We had the Ruggles over for dinner and enjoyed watching HOP, I forgot how cute that show was. Harper was a gem all day and in fact has started to roll. The next sequence of pics are mine and Jeff's fav. She was just chillin in his arms and was watching me walk around. Once I sat next to them she turned and smiled.
I didn't let this day go by without reflecting what the true meaning of Easter really is. I'm so grateful for the atonement and for all the Savior has done for me personally. I've had my moments where I have truly had to utilize the repentence process and have had to be humbled and I'm so blessed for all I have learned by doing so, and in turn growing closer to my Savior.
Monday, April 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment