While we were in Utah we had Harper blessed. We did it in Tremonton since
it would've been the start of our 4 days in a row with Jeff's family and since
all his brothers would be up we didn't want them hauling their families back and
forth to PG.
We had Gary bless her and what a neat experience that was. Jeff's parents
weren't active in the church until the boys started serving missions, so Gary
never had the opportunity to bless or baptism any of his boys (Jeff's Uncle
Jerry did it every time.) So Jeff wanted to give his Dad the opportunity to give
a baby blessing (and not to mention it was his birthday too). Gary was so proud
and I'm so thankful that he holds and honors the priesthood. Jeff's parents sure
have come a long way and now are the most incredible people ever. Jeff's mom
is always serving/thinking of others and was just released as the RS president
because Jeff's dad got called into the Bishopric. What a great example they are to
us and I'm so blessed to have them as my in-laws.
We blessed her on March 10th, which happened to be the 2nd Sunday of the
month. I was sad we didn't get to bless her on fast sunday because I would have
loved to share my testimony with my family members. Since it was Jeff's home
ward, he asked the Bishop if he could take a quick moment to share his
testimony. I am so proud of him. I harrass him all the time that I've only seen
him cry twice since I've known him (once when I tried breaking up with him, he
denies it but I have an incredible memory. and the second when we were sealed in
the temple.) Well Jeff got a little teary eyed and choked up when he started
bearing his testimony about how hard it was to get Harper here and what a
blessing she is to us. He continued to share his love for his family, for his
ward family who helped raise him, for his Uncle Jerry for always being an
example to him and for me as his wife and mother to Harper. His testimony of the
truthfulness of the Gospel was so touching. I just sat there staring at him and
being so greatful that he is my husband and the father to our children for
eternity.
The program continued with a High Councilman and his son, who is a
recent RM. The whole sacrament program was so spiritual and what started it was
my husbands testimony because both speakers tied their talks into what Jeff
shared and they both appreciated his comments. The one thing the high councilman
said that really struck me and I'll never forget it is "This is what the gospel
is about, is family." Isn't it so true. We have the temple as proof. What a
blessing and honor it is to be a member of the only true church on this earth. I
hope and pray I will keep my testimony strong and that I strive every day to be
a better member of the church so I can be an example to my children of what a
devote member is and what great blessings come from living worthily. I know in
my heart that if it weren't for my faith, prayers and fasting and finally having
the opportunity to be sealed to Jeff, that Harper would not be here today. She
truly is a miracle and a blessing in our lives.
Sadly, as mentioned in my Utah post, this day to me was a day full of
regrets. First off, since Diana had been sick we didn't go up to Tremonton on
Saturday like I had planned. So I had to be up at 630 Sunday morning to get
ready. I was feeling rushed leaving PG to head to Tremonton. We got to Jeff's
parents house just in time to get Harper cleaned up and in her dress but I was
trying to force feed her so she wouldn't wake up and be hungry right during the
blessing. Well she spit it all up (luckily before I had her blessing dress on).
I got ZERO pictures getting her ready in her dress. My sister had her bow so the
few pics I got of her in her dress she didn't have the right bow on. We pull up
to the church and of course she is hungry, so I give her a quick 5 min feed (she
normally breast feeds 10 min on BOTH sides). She makes it through all of sacrament
without a peep. The rest of the day consisted of quick feeds every 1-2 hours
because I was too stressed about missing out visiting with family and friends to
take the time to feed her a full 20-30 min. So many people came to support her
and I know alot of people wanted to hold her as well. Another regret, probably
the biggest, I didn't get a single picture of just me and her!! I'm devastated
every time I think about it. I know I can always dress her up and get one but
every time I would look at the pic I would know it wasn't really taken on her
blessing day. I also got no pictures of anyone else holding her... no big family
pics, no pics of me, my mom and her (3 generations). It's hard when I'm always
the photographer and when it's a busy day for me then no pictures get taken. And
the last regret is I didn't even get to hear her blessing. I was literally 2
rows away from the circle. I don't know if it was the mic, or a loud chapel or
what. My mom and Jeff's aunt tried to write it down and they couldn't hear it as
well. Thankfully Jeff remembered it all and was sweet enough to write it all
down for me... literally word for word. It truly was the sweetest blessing and
I'm so greatful my husband was standing by his dad and got to hear
it.
Those who were there to support Harper and her big day involved many family and friends. In the circle stood Jeff, my dad, Jeff's dad, Scott Burnett, Jonny Burton, Tipper Harris, Josh Harris, Grandpa Tip, and Jeff's Uncle Jerry. Others who were there to support were both our mom's, Grandma Lola, Kim and Dan, Amanda, Conner, Braydin (Jonny's GF) Sheridan, Nikki, Scotty and all the neices and nephews. Friends Mac and Jaime Brady and there son Judd. Our long time friends from Alaska who now live in Utah, Ryan and Megan Goodwin (pic below). Jeff's friends Skylar and Cami from HS and their boys. And Some of Jeff's extended family. Man what a list. Harper was the result of much fasting, prayers and lots of love and her blessing day was proof of it all. |
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Harper's Baby Blessing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Loved this post!! You do such a great job recording things and saving memories, I LOVE it! Wish I was able to be there for this special day!
Post a Comment