Our little peanut has turned 3 months old. She has hit such a fun stage and has completely stolen both our hearts. I seem to fall more in love with her day after day.
|
Here are some fun facts about her now:
- She found her tongue a few weeks ago and will lick anything she can. She loves to lick my shoulders when I'm burping or carrying her around. She will also give you tongue when you kiss her mouth :) Best kisses ever!!!
- Not quite sleeping through the night but I haven't really tried. Sleeps 4-5 hours at first then feeds, then will go another 3-4 hours. She seems to sleep better when Jeff has her at nights while I work, probably because she gets a bottle and gets more ounces from the bottle and it's less work to suck from a bottle. Who knows, it also may be I'm a light sleeper so I feed her more often.
- Shes is a terrible napper :) She just doesn't want to sleep for fear she will miss something I guess. She takes a 40 nap in the morning, another one mid afternoon and then a 3-4 hour nap later afternoon or evening, usually in her carseat since that's when we are out and about.
- She loves her carseat. She could sleep in it for hours. And she still loves car rides.
- She loves sucking her hands, shirt, blankets... anything she can grab and put in her mouth. She gets very slobbery and you always get a nice surprise when you go to kiss her cheek.
- She has come to love her play mat. She will lay up to an hour on it, cooing and grabbing the toys and staring in the mirror. I love watching her on the mat.
- Just a few days ago she is starting to roll. She will only go left right now. I first noticed it while she was on her changing table. I was picking up her room and when I turned around she was almost on her tummy but the side rails stopped her (thank heavens!)
- She is constantly smiling. she use to only smile in the mornings but now it's almost on cue. She will even smile when we skype with family. My favorite time when she smiles is when she is breast feeding. She will be staring at me and as soon as I make eye contact or say hi she will smile... and it usually follows with a mouth full of milk dripping out of her mouth everywhere but she is too darn cute to even care about the mess right now.
- She is starting to fake cough. I think this started cuz she was sick for a few weeks with congestion and every time she would cough then I would cough at her. Now she seems to just do it and when I do it back she smiles and gets excited.
- We have just discovered this week that she loves having her pants and socks off. She kicks and goes crazy and rubs her feet against whatever she can.
- Just started wearing size 2 diapers this week. They seem a little big but I didn't want to buy any more size 1 since they were kinda getting snug.
- Wears 3 month size clothes. She seems to be growing right along with her age.
- Had her first cold a few weeks ago. She got really congested the day we came back from Utah. After a week of trying to battle it from home and treating with saline drops, humidifier, hot steam showers and tylenol for the low grade temp I finally took her in. She tested neg. for RSV which I'm thankful for. She ended up clearing up after 2 1/2 weeks of having it. But her demeanor never changed, she continued to be her happy, smiling, cooing self.
One day I went to check on her while she was sleeping and I found this... silly girl. I had her swaddled so not sure how her head got wrapped.


This is when she was sick. We were sitting in the bathroom with hot steam shower going to try to loosen her congestion. She will always have such a serious/concerned look until you start talking to her then she grins ear to ear.


The bathroom got so hot from the steam shower her hair was going curly. she was born with so much hair and now with her head growing it looks like she barely has any. Plus it's not dark anymore :( my little girl has her daddy's hair color. I'm so sad, I wanted a dark haired baby.


Who doesn't just love a sleeping baby... I especially do since she doesn't sleep much during the day for me to sit and watch her ;)

I couldn't be more in love with these 2. They are the world to me. Jeff is the ultimate dad. I'm back to work twice a week so he is full time daddy for 2 nights. He gets off work early to watch her during the day so I can nap and then he gets up with her during the night to give her a bottle and then he will watch her the next morning so I can sleep some more. He loves his daddy/daughter time. They go shopping together, show apartments and go on drives to stay out of the house so I can sleep. I don't know any dad that would sacrifice his sleep to get up and feed a baby, not to mention all while working full time and having a part time job as well.



Lately I've been putting her in her bouncer on the kitchen counter while I do dishes or cook dinner. She loves it. This day in particular it was super sunny and warm outside so I opened the kitchen window and let the nice fresh breeze come in. Next thing I knew she was sound asleep.
|



Jeff and I were snacking on graham crackers and since Harper is into holding/grabbing things with her hands he gave her one and she held it in one hand for quite some time. Then he gave her another one and she held it like this.
KO is pretty cute around Harp. Chewy could care less about her. KO was wanting some attention one morning when we woke up and he laid on her. When we tried to push him off he just rolled to the side so we snapped a pic. Harper then started licking his ear. I'm telling ya this girl will lick anything that she can get into her mouth.
Please tell me this isn't just the cutest thing ever. I was pushing a shopping cart through the parking lot to the car and knew Harper was sleeping. Well here in alaska when the snow melts the gravel they lay down all winter stays so it's sooo hard to push a cart. It was super noisy and the cart was shaking like crazy. When I got to the car I knew for sure there is no way she had slept through that. I lifted the cover and her eyes were so wide eyed with a sad little frown... she was on the verge of tears from being awakened so suddenly. So I just started talking to her and she immediately smiled. I was able to snatch my camera for a second smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment