Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Harper 15 months (April 6th)

My little girl is growing up quick. We had her 15 month check up and all is well. Every well child visit I have to fill out a questionnaire of all her milestones and where she should be. Well in 4 of the 5 areas she is that of a 2 year old. The other area was communication, and she is average. Some day my daughter will talk (I found out Jeff didn't talk until he was almost 4, YIKES) I was one proud momma knowing that the way I'm trying to teach and raise her is paying off developmentally for her.
Weight: 23 lb 4 oz (75%)
Height: 31.5 in (80%)
  • She is still a phenomenal eater. She does 3 meals a day plus snacks in between and still does 3 whole milk bottles before naps and bedtime. I really push a well rounded diet and as much as  I love sweets, my daughter doesn't get a whole lot. I've seen too many "picky eaters" or kids not willing to sit down for a whole meal because of all the snacks and sugar they get throughout the day. Harper is not picky at all, which makes meal planning so easy. Some of her favorites are cream-o-wheat every morning, bananas, cucumbers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, craisins, fish (just like her momma) potatoes, yogurt, spaghetti, lasagna, pizza and cereal (as a snack with mommy) 
  • Still a great sleeper. Lately after I give her a bottle on the couch, she rolls off the couch, hands me the bottle and walks herself into her room... NO JOKE!!! I have many videos to prove it that I've sent to Jeff (this habit started after he left for OK) She will go find her blankets and binkie (if they aren't already in her crib) and stand at her crib until I put her in. She still gets 2 naps a day and continues to sleep 9-11 hrs a night... which this pregnant momma loves. And she always wakes up happy, usually playing with her mobile or stuff animals I leave in her crib. 
  • She continues to be a very independent girl who is easily self entertained. We organized her room with shelves and bins and she is constantly found playing with almost every toy, book, and stuffed animal she has.
  • She is a TV watcher. mostly short shows like Mickey Mouse and Little Einsteins but lately she will watch Monsters Inc, which is a fav of mine so I love when we get to watch it together. Sadly this girl watches more TV then I can avoid being that Jeff is gone, I still work 1 night a week so the day after I'm a zombie on the couch... and it's been winter so we don't get outside much. 
  • She is very easy to communicate with. She knows what bottle means, knows that when I say nigh-night she walks into her bedroom and pulls at her crib. When I say tub, she goes to the bathroom. When I say outside she knocks at the front door. I love watching her learn and grow.


No comments: