Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pregnancy update (25 Weeks)

How far along: 25 Weeks (last week)
Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs so far, which seems so little compared to how I feel, guess I'm 10 lbs all belly. I started 3 lbs heavier than with Harper but with Harper I was sick (never threw up) but just struggled eating at first. This pregnancy I haven't been sick once and I never have a hard time eating. BUT at my 24 week appt I grew 10 cm since the previous appt at 20 weeks, and only 3 lbs. So yes this is proof I'm growing straight out!!! Honestly as hard as it is to see myself grow so quickly I just want healthy boys. If I can prevent them from being premature then I will do all I can. I can always loose the weight after. I really am trying to eat as healthy as I can and I'm just so glad they are growing so well.
Names: We have one set in stone, Hoyt Jeffery (Jeff hates his own name but I told him he has no choice, it's going to be a middle name for sure). We just can't decide on Baby B (middle name I'm pretty sure will be Burton) We've tossed around numerous names but nothing just seems right. We did this with Harper too though and decided last minute. Hoyt has been an option ever since before we had kids. It's the brand of Jeff's hunting bow. I wanted to stick to the Hunter/Fisher names (no these are NOT name options, although Jeff did like it) and we've had many great ideas for baby B but the ones I really like aren't Hunting/fishing names so we will see. 
Maternity clothes: Sadly just this week I had to go shopping, and came home with only 1 shirt. I tried on 6 but they were too tight and the size up was too big). I never had to wear maternity clothes with Harper. I did have 1 skirt and a shirt I wore occasionally with her but didn't need it. So the maternity shopping this round has started, I can do the rubber band trick on the pants (hoping babies move out of my pelvic cavity sometime) so for now I don't need maternity pants. But my shirts... oh boy. I'm growing straight out and it makes me so nervous what is to come. I would be ok if the weight was evenly dispersed but it's not... my poor belly is going to be so ridiculously stretched 
Stretch marks: None so far. I didn't get any with Harper so hopefully I have good enough elasticity to keep it that way. 
Sleep: Believe it or not I sleep great, 8 hrs every night and a 2 hour nap every day. I'm pretty restless some nights due to being too hot or having restless leg syndrome but I do have the queen bed all too myself which I take advantage of. I told Jeff when he gets home from Oklahoma he can't sleep with me :) I HAVE to sleep on my left side though so sometimes my left hip or shoulder falls asleep or is achy the next day. I can't lay on my back cuz both babies pressing against my aorta causes severe shortness of breath, chest pain and dizziness  (I about passed out at my last U/S just by laying on my back for 5 min) And my since you have more organs on the right side of your body, carrying a baby on that side isn't as roomy so if I lay on my right side both babies have a fit and it's very uncomfortable for me. 
Movement: carrying twins is insane... when one moves then the other moves. Which is actually nice because that means they are usually sleeping together but my belly gets a rocking when they are both moving. I thought movement with Harper was crazy, but this is just something else. Sadly they move alot at night, and it does wake me up but I'm able to go right back to sleep.
Food cravings:  I've had no cravings this pregnancy, same as with Harper. And I can eat whatever, with Harper I couldn't do chicken. So it makes for cooking meals or going out to eat real easy when you have no cravings or food aversions. 
Heartburn: I've started to get it a little... but it's more like air bubbles cuz if I can burp then I feel better. It mostly happens late at night (luckily while I'm still awake) and water seems to make it worse. It subsides within an hour or so.
Belly Button in or out: Definitely and outie!!! Which is so gross looking when you can see it through a shirt. 
Overall: Minus a very quickly growing belly I feel pretty good. I've had some uncomfortable "pelvic swelling/pressure" sometimes so severe I can't even sit down unless I'm laying on my side (I know TMI) I've had to order a pelvic sling and we will see if that helps. And if I over do it on my feet one day, I'm couch ridden the next due to increased swelling, pressure and pain in the pelvis... doesn't help that both babies heads are down compressing all my vessels. 

What I do love about having twins is having to get an U/S every 4 weeks since I'm high risk. Everything has been perfect with the babies... they are growing quick and are measuring that of what a single baby would at this point... they are both the same weight roughly in the 50-60 percentile. They are both active, Baby A more than Baby B. I still have lots of fluid surrounding both boys, and a lateral placenta with Baby A and posterior for Baby B... meaning I'm very thin in front and you can see and feel every movement. 

Ready, set, here are some pics. First pic is 23 weeks, second is 25 weeks.... huge difference in growth. First pic is in a maternity shirt too. Can you tell I need to hang up my regular shirts... a little tight looking!!! ha ha ha

2 comments:

http://mattandnat2.blogspot.com/ said...

You are so cute preggo trish seriously jealous. I love all your documentation I look back at my books all the time and with each pregnancy I have to look back to remember. Hope the time is going quick so your honey will be home with you again

Carrie said...

I love the pictures and the update. Twins! What a crazy thing to be experiencing. You should have never mentioned the names Hunter and Fisher on Facebook because I've been stuck on them ever since. I'm sure you will come up with names just as cute. Good luck!!