Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Oklahoma

While we were in Utah, Harper and I took off to Oklahoma for the weekend to be with Jeff. Although not the most ideal weekend to go visit due to his crazy schedule, we were just glad we got to see him. We both sure have missed him and Harper didn't miss a beat picking up and playing with her daddy, even after 6 weeks of being gone. Unfortunately Harper got some nasty cold with severe congestion, cough and runny nose so she was pretty miserable off and on to say the least (nights especially). 
The flight there was a nightmare... we got to the airport late and I didn't get a chance to have dinner (which was a big deal cuz by the time we would land it would've been midnight in OK, so I was desperate for food) We landed in OK around 11:15 pm but Jeff had work until 12 so we hung out in the airport for an hour... literally all by ourselves. Harper didn't sleep a wink on the flight there. We were on a much smaller plan in the very last row where it was super noisy (from the engines) the bathroom next to us with people going in and out and the seats didn't recline so I was miserably uncomfortable. We hit some pretty rough turbulence and I was just a anxious mess the whole way there. I got to the point where I just let Harper do whatever, just to keep her from being loud and crying... despite the fact I was suppose to hold her on my lap I didn't care, because if we crashed we were all going to die anyway so what did it matter if she was in my lap or not. Luckily it was only 1 hr 40 min flight, instead of 2 1/2 like my ticket said. But the second we landed and we were wandering the airport killing time Harper was out cold. 
We landed Thursday night and Jeff had work on friday from 3-12 so we were able to chill with him that morning a little bit and then he was off so Harper and I walked around his complex (which was super nice) and enjoyed the weather and scenery.Harper quickly became obsessed with the geese and ducks and literally would try to touch them or go into the water after them. They were pretty aggressive too(they probably think every human is going to feed them) so it made me nervous that Harper wanted them so bad.
We went to the zoo thinking Harper would love all the animals but we were wrong, all she wanted to do was walk around everywhere... and she didn't want to hold our hands or sit in the stroller very long. For my 23 week belly, this was alot of walking and I sure felt it that night but it was nice to be out in the sun, heat and enjoying some family time. Later that night we went to a ward party. Jeff sure has a nice ward there and everyone was super friendly. The next day, being Easter, was a flop. Harper was not in the mood for anything (not even Church) and all she wanted to do was be outside walking around... so outside we went, chasing goose and ducks. I was hoping she would be up for an egg hunt but she wasn't. And we barely got some pics in our Easter outfits... needless to say I was sad the weekend came and went so quickly and that we didn't get to enjoy Easter like I had imagined.  

No comments: