Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 17, 2012

Jeff's 30th bday

Jeff turned the big 30!!! I felt bad because I ended up having to work and being such a big day I was at a lose on what to do. We were going to have a big friends get together the day after but all our friends have kids that were getting sick and we just couldn't seem to coordinate a good time. Earlier in the week when I was talking to Jeff he mentioned non-challantly "I'm only turning 30, it's not like it's a big deal or anything." Well I was already feeling bad I had no major plans so a few days before his actually bday I got together with a friend at work and she was able to get me a discounted room at Alyeska Ski resort. I was nervous to go because last time we booked a room and showed up the tram was down, the pool was closed for maintenance and they only had 1 of 3 restaurants open... so needless to say we got our money back and headed home. Well this time I called multiple times to confirm everything was open and running. I booked just 1 night (the night before his actual bday) His bday was a friday and we both had Thursday off, so I told him I had the whole day planned for him.
Well after coordinating with some friends to come let our dogs out and after trying to secretly pack a bag for us both, Jeff and I took off down to Girdwood around 2 pm. It's about an hour drive and Jeff had no clue what the plans were. I acted like we were just going for a joy ride... especially since the weather was beautiful. Well about half way there Jeff was getting restless and I could tell he had no desire to go on a scenic ride. Once we got to the resort I parked and told him we were going up the tram to enjoy the scenery. I could tell he was less enthused by this. Well low and behold we get up to the ticket office and it was closed for the day... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I had called multiple times to confirm it was running. (It had closed for the day just 30 min prior to us getting there.) Jeff then says, "Well I really had no desire to go up anyway." Well glad I didn't waste any money then. So I said well lets walk around for a bit. We did and enjoyed visiting. Then Jeff said, "Well, we ready to head back to town?" At that point I said, "No, lets go check in." He said "yeah right, like I packed a bag!" That's when I told him that I did and that we really were checking in. He got a cute smile and said "Oh how fun, cuz I was not looking forward to the ride back" Ha ha. I felt bad so far nothing was going smooth so I was just glad to see a smile on his face knowing we were going to have a night all to ourselves..
We checked in and they upgraded us to the top floor of the hotel (at no additional charge) and although the view was pretty, the room was nothing special. After relaxing for a bit, We got ready to head to dinner. Aurora was the restaurant we ate at and when we came to the resort for our anniversary a few years ago we remembered how amazing the food was and Jeff loved their peppered steak. So we get to the restaurant and they give us the menu... no peppered steak. Jeff thought we were at the wrong restaurant but they had just switched over to their winter menu... UGH. I felt so bad, that's all Jeff wanted for dinner and he was so looking forward to it. Instead he got a burger, but he said he did enjoy it. After dinner we went swimming. Alyeska has the only indoor, HEATED pool in the flippin state. So we were excited to go and relax... and that we did. We both swam and enjoyed the hot tub for over an hour (yes, me in all my 9 mo. prego glory!!!) It was soooo relaxing. Afterwards we headed back to the room and just enjoyed watching tv and cuddling. We then both got the midnight munchies and deciced to order room service... PIZZA!! It was a killer pizza too, well worth it. We both slept pretty amazing and woke up early, went swimming again and had a nice sit down breakfast before heading back to town for Jeff to go to work and me to take a nap to get ready to work that night.
Overall, it was a very quick over night stay but it was soooo relaxing. I tried not to be selfish and hoped Jeff didn't think I did this for my prego self, but I know he really enjoyed it too. I tried to think of ways to surprise him and I know I did. I wish his 30th bday could've been more memorable but we just loved being together and relaxing away from home.
I know Jeff knows how much I love him but in dedicating this post to him I just want to let him know what an amazing husband he is to me. He has been my EVERYTHING through our marriage and especially throughout this whole pregnancy. He was a great husband before but after getting pregnant and seeing how little I could do because of the pain he sure has stepped up and now he is just the perfect husband. He is always checking on me, always asks how I'm doing and if he can do anything for me. It's so hard for me to imagine sharing our lives with a baby cuz I'm so spoiled and love our time together.
 
(So no surprise... I got NO pics of us on his birthday. I tried but he deleted them cuz he didn't like them) So all I have are pics of our scenic drive and the beautiful weather.)
 
 
 
 

No comments: