Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Grandma comes to town

My mom was able to come up for 13 days in January after Harper was born. When I originally booked her flight it was just 3 days after my due date. I didn't want to have her in town any sooner because I didn't want to use up all her vacation time and not be able to spend it all with Harper. Well since I was induced a week early she didn't meet Harper until she was 10 days old.
It was a lifesaver having my mom here. I can't even put into words all that she did for our new little family. She made dinner AND dessert every night (not a good time for Jeff to be on a diet when mom is in town :) She helped me at nights by taking Harper to bed with her and then waking me up to feed her and then she would take her back to bed until the next feeding and then I would take her in our room so my mom could sleep. (now one might ask why we would do this but until you sleep with my baby you won't understand. She is the LOUDEST sleeper ever!!! She grunts, moans, whimpers, laughs and passes gas like no other... all in her sleep. So whoever sleeps with her gets NO sleep, but she is an incredible cuddler :) She took care of the dogs, cleaned our house, dressed Harper daily (bows, boots and all) and she kept me company. We literally left our house only a hand full of times in 13 days... it was so nice to just relax, visit, laugh and stare at my new little girl.
My dogs were obsessed with my mom, especially Chewy, he never left her side. And KO just gets jealous when we are holding or giving too much affection to the baby. In the pic below he literally jumped on my mom and backed up her chest to sit on her shoulder. He is always trying to be the top dog. Way too funny.
While my mom was here Jeff and I tried to get out of the house a few hours everyday (my mom would have preferred more, she kept pushing us to go on a date) It was pretty late one night and we had missed the movie time for some shows we wanted to see so we ventured to Target and Fred Meyers and walked around. It was nice to be together, just him and I.
One of the last nights my mom was in town we took her to Simon and Seaforts, a very nice restaurant with incredible food. We loved being out of the house and treating my mom to a nice meal, since she had cooked every night for us while she was here.
 
My mom literally is my best friend. I can't wait to have the same relationship with Harper like I have with my mom. I will never be able to repay her for all she did for us the last 2 weeks. I'm really sad I didn't get any pics of all 3 of us girls, but we will be in Utah next month so hopefully I'll do a better job at taking pics there.

1 comment:

katy said...

Oh my goodness - she is a little doll! Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!