Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy 1 month Harper

Where has the past month gone? I know every mother says that when watching their children grow up and know I totally understand. As I posted Harper's newborn pics, I would look down at here in my lap and realize my newborn isn't a newborn. She looks completely different now. It's amazing what a little chub can do to your baby. Now that Harper is filling out she is starting to look a little more like me, but she still has lots of her Daddy's features. I love that she is a good mix between us. So here is a little about her:
1 month stats:
Weight: 8 lb 12 oz.
Length: 20 3/4 inches
  • Eyes seem to be turning blue. (I have dark brown and Jeff has hazel, not sure where the blue is from)
  • Her once dark brown hair is getting much lighter :( This makes me sad! Jeff's toe head past might be in her genes.
  • She is still a noisy sleeper but it seems to be getting better (or maybe I'm just numb to it now).
  • She started taking a bottle at 3 weeks and took it like it was nothing. She now gets 1 bottle a day which is super convenient when we are running errands or at church.
  • She laughs and smiles all the time in her sleep and sometimes I can get a partial half smile when she is awake.
  • She developed reflux at 3 weeks. UGH just a headache. She also never cried until this point so I'm convinced if I can cure the reflux then my baby will never cry :) Wishful thinking!!!
  • She is the GASSIEST baby ever. At times it's so loud it wakes us up in our sleep.
  • She still loves her swing and bouncy/vibrating chair but only for an hour or so. We have to move her from one position to the next. (usually rotate between laying her on the couch, the bouncy chair, the swing, the boppy lounger just to keep her comfortable.)
  • She still is a terrible burper. And trust us we have tried everything.
  • She is awake more than I thought newborns should be. Some days she will be up for 2-3 hrs just chilling. She mostly has her awake hours from 7-midnight, not fun for mom and dad who want to be in bed at 10!
 
 
A few random pics from the past month (I tried to do it chronologically so I can see how much she has changed). We sure love little Harp and its' so crazy to look at how blessed our lives have been with her around.
3 days old: giving Momma loves on our second day home from the hospital.
Hanging out in the bathroom while momma showers. She loves hearing the water run... it's now a daily routine.
10 days old: A friend in the ward made us a few beanies. I can't wait for all our winter activities here in Alaska so we can dress her up in some of the warmer stuff we have for her.
Not sure what KO was doing here... either watching over Harper or about ready to sit on her and suffocate her because he is no longer momma's baby now that she is around :) KO really is fascinated with her though, Chewy on the other hand pays no attention and mind his own business.
2 weeks: She is the most alert little newborn ever. And I love dressing her, head to toe ;)
 3 weeks: Oh heavens, already sticking her tongue out at her mom... we are in trouble.
She loves loves the bath. One night, after being awake for 8 HOURS STRAIGHT during the day we put her in the tub and she passed out. She didn't even wake up when we lifted her out of the tub or when I dressed her and put on lotion. Needless to say we had a rough day that day so she zonked out.
4 weeks: This was her first day to church. She did so good and it was so fun to show her off.
Yes my daughter has on white furry boots. She totally is my daughter. Can't have enough boots in Alaska.
 
 

1 comment:

Jamie Hardman said...

She is so Beautiful! Just like her Momma! Love you all!