So luckily my mom was in town for the photos. Harper was 2 weeks old and did fairly good considering the circumstances. We get there and she is sound asleep. We capture a few photos of her in a cute outfit and then she is wide awake. We strip here down to catch some naked newborn shots and of course she pees everywhere because it's an open studio with no doors or heaters. She pees and then poops and I ran out of wipes... this was the first time out of the house so my diaper bag wasn't adequately stocked to head out of the house. But we managed. Then she started getting hungry. We tried to hold her off with a binkie and would just hurry and pull it out of her mouth before they took the pic but this resulted in some pretty hilarious photos. At this point I hadn't introduced a bottle yet so we took some time to breast feed. I didn't want to pull her off early and then have her angry so I let her go at her pace but of course the photographer made me feel rushed (despite the fact when I called she said they schedule plenty of time for newborns since they usually get hungry).
This pic makes me laugh every time I see it... it was a post binkie pull so this is the reaction you get ;)
Poor Harp is trying to be patient but she has the hiccups in the next 2 pics and wasn't a very happy camper.
We also got a few family photos (which I actually love more than her newborn pics). We have a cute collage of frames on Harp's wall in her nursery so I'm glad we are able to fill them up now. 


















1 comment:
Gorgeous Pictures!
Post a Comment