Harper is growing up so fast. It is so fun to watch her reach so many milestones.
- She doesn't mind tummy time. She holds her head up so well. Even when we try to burp her on our shoulders she has so much strength in her neck that she is able to hold her head and look around.
- She loves to be kissed on the lips. She always opens her mouth and at times will give us a little tongue :) We just both love kissing her.
- She is still in newborn clothes, some are getting snug. (She just has a very round belly :)
- She grew out of newborn diapers just this week (I tried to finish off the ones I had, which were only 4 left, but I was being harassed by my mom cuz they were way too tight and she was leaking out of them) So we are now in size 1's and boy they sure fit alot better :)
- She developed an umbilical hernia. It is so sad. At first it looked like she had a little outie belly button (which she didn't have before) but boy it sure is growing. Hope it resolves it self so we can avoid surgery.
- She developed the dreadful COLIC. After cutting back my dairy products and salads, attempting to treat with gripe water, I called the Dr. They suggested Colic tablets. They are all natural and dissolve under the tongue. Oh my heavens they have SAVED us. You can give them every 2 hrs if needed but I just do it before I feed her, sometimes every 3-4 hours. We can sure tell when she has gone too long without them so we try not to skip a dose.
- She is sleeping pretty good at nights. I don't believe in schedules. Jeff and I both don't want to be tide down due to a "schedule", since we enjoy life too much and love to keep up with all our Alaska adventures (camping, fishing, etc) . So we play it by ear. She is usually in bed between 9-10pm and will sleep 4-5 hrs then wake up to feed and then she is right back to sleep for another 3 hrs.
- During the day she is up a majority of the time and I just feed her on demand usually anywhere between 2-4 hrs. She is mostly awake in the mornings from 10-1 pm or so. I love this time because it's when I shower (she loves hearing the shower), we both get ready for the day, we dance to country music, I sing to her and she talks to me.
- She had her first night of "crying it out". I thought it would be alot harder than it was. She cried for about 10 min and then was out. My baby app has been a great guide for me. I am surrounded by friends and family with kids and everyone does it different but I take alot of the advice from the app on my phone. We have started laying her down when she is wide awake but showing sign of being tired so that way when she gets a little older and wakes up during the night she is able to self sooth. So far we have gone 4 nights in a row with great success.
- She is still in the bassinet next to my bed. She is becoming a much quieter sleeper so having her in the room with us isn't bothering either of us. Before too long I will start napping her in her crib and then my plan is by the time I go back to work she will be in her crib at nights.
- Biggest of all, she started smiling. She has only smiled for me a few times (usually in the mornings when I'm getting her dressed). Sadly Jeff hasn't had his moment yet but it' getting close.
Trying to capture her cute gummy grin on camera.
This cute hat was the first clothing item Jeff and I bought her before she was born. I was hoping it would fit since our winter activities are coming up. Hopefully she'll get to wear it before she out grows it next year.
Sometimes when I think she is sleeping after burping her I go look in the mirror and see this... just chilling and soaking up some cuddle time
Another failed attempt at trying to catch her smiling.
Now that her colic is under control she is so pleasant and so fun to have around. I just love being her mom and I love watching Jeff interact with her.
7 weeks old
Check out all those rolls. I love that she is getting so chunky...milk definately does her body good :)
Jeff was playing the guitar for her one night and she sure enjoyed it... so much that she gave us the cutest grin. Sooo glad I caught it on camera cuz Jeff wasn't watching and would have missed it.
We had to go to the temple for youth baptisms for mutual. Kari and Ryan so kindly babysat for us. It was the first time anyone has watched her, besides when my mom was here. She smiled at Kamdin and I just love this photo Kari sent me.
One of my favorite outfits. She only had it on for a few hours and then had her first MASSIVE blowout. Oh the joys!!!
Jeff had a scout campout one weekend and had to work right before and right after. I was not looking forward to being home alone with a newborn. (He helps so much when he is home so it was hard to swallow being a single parent for 36 straight hours). But we managed. This cute peanut wouldn't go to bed though and stayed up with mom blogging. She was so content just chilling in my arms. I think she new I wanted the company :)


No comments:
Post a Comment