Let the winter festivities begin!!! Iron Dog is the start of all the fun things we do to enjoy the winters here.We tried to rent a big fully furnished cabin at Big Lake and get all our friends out to enjoy the weekend but no one was available to go and then we found out the cabin was already booked. So we just drove out the morning of the races. This is our 3rd year going to these and just cuz Harper was 6 weeks old it didn't stop us. We in fact were super excited to take her out on her first Alaskan adventure. It was a balmy 20 degrees out (much much warmer than the previous 2 years which were in the negatives) So we all bundled up and headed to Big Lake for the day.
This is the team I cheer on every year, Sarah Palins husband Todd Palin and Scott Davis, starting off in the 15th position. Last year they ended in 4th after leading the whole race but got held up with sled problems. I love every second I get to spend with this man... he means everything to me.
When we got out there the wind chill was ridiculous. I was so nervous Harp was going to get cold, cuz I sure was and I had numerous layers on under my ski gear. She was screaming at first and I was so nervous she was cold. I had only brought 3 small blankets for her. So we were only out for an hour watching the races. Despite the fact that she was sleeping I had a little pit in my stomach that this was a daring adventure with a 6 week old. But once we got to the truck and uncovered her I realized she was plenty warm and comfy. But we saw and enjoyed all we wanted to. We drove around the rest of the afternoon looking at houses and lots for sale then we headed home and we all took a much needed nap :) We ended the day at Kari and Ryan's house for Moose burgers which were incredible. It was a great day well spent with our little family.


No comments:
Post a Comment