Since I went to bed so early on Christmas Eve, Christmas day started at 530 am for me. I was so excited to have Jeff open his presents that it was a struggle to wait til 7 to wake him up. We woke up and opened our stockings and other gifts from Santa then headed off to church. Jeff and I were narrators for the Christmas program given in Sacrament. It sure was nice to start off the day going to church, inviting the spirit into our day.
Once we got home we started opening gifts before all the family members started their skype sessions. Before we opened gifts, Jeff looked at the tree and said "Wow, who are all those for?" Yes, we were spoiled this year.
Jeff got Call of Duty PS2 game, new basketball shoes and shorts, clothes, hunting socks and hydration pack, dice games (for us to play together), and a new phone (once we get to Utah), and tons of little stocking stuffers from Santa (aka Momma Cherie)
I got new make-up, tons of hair products, clothes and new knit shoes from the hubby, baking stuff, DVD's, my first nutcracker since being married (i got one every year from my mom when I was younger). oh and how could I forget, I got tons of candy from the hubby as well as floss and a new electric toothbrush (that Jeff has actually used more than me :)
And the dogs... how could we forget them. They got new toys and chew bones from santa. They were in heaven
The rest of the day consisted of me cooking homemade caramels, seven layer chip dip (which ended up being the culprit to my horrific hives break-out for days, thank you avocadoes) and then we had a nice spiral honey glazed ham, mashed pototoes, beans and rolls.
It sure was a nice relaxing day. We skyped with both our families multiple times and I even got to talk to Elder Burton, who by the way only has 6 months left of his mission. It was so good to hear from him.
Overall, despite the fact we missed family so very much, we sure had a good day together and are more than pleased with the wonderful gifts we got. Sure glad I got to spend the day with the bestest husband ever!!!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment