Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Jeff's "ULTIMATE" day

This past week was Jeff's final week of school and he is now graduated and completely done. I'm so proud of him and he is so excited to move on to the next 3 years of on the job training. All year I've been preparing for his graduation thinking of all these great gifts I could get him... from an xbox (he already got himself one), surround sound for the tv (place is too small for so much noise), nice big recliner that he has been dying for since we got married (but now he says he doesn't wanna move it in a few months when we get a more permanent place), projector (don't have a big enough wall to use it at this point) and my most recent thought was hunting stuff (but don't know where to start or what to buy). So I decided to plan a day full of fun things for him. Well I told him this 2 days ago and this morning in our morning prayer Jeff says, "and please bless me and my Ultimate day, and all the Ultimate things my Ultimate wife has planned for me" (something to that extent, I asked him to requote it and he said he can't, it was just inspiration.) Ha ha ha!!! So anyway, I felt like I had lots to live up to to make this an Ultimate day... Instead of buying him something I thought he would like that was practical, I started his "hunting" savings account for him so someday he can get all the top of the line gear so he can start hunting in Alaska with his brother Josh. We headed to a mattinee and saw the new Sherlock Holmes. Then we went to killer 4 star restaurant (it was the first restaurant we ate at when we moved to Alaska but haven't been back since cuz the wait is always 1-2 hrs) and then we hit up the Alaska Ace's Hockey game and had a blast. I'm thankful for days like this where we just hang out and enjoy each other's company!!! Happy ULTIMATE day babe and congrats on graduating... I'm so proud of all your hard work in all you do.






No comments: