Hotels=361.96
Food and misc=228.04
Gas=1239.55
Grand total=1829.55
Believe it or not, this was the absolute cheapest way of traveling. Stinks to think we have to do it again in 2 yrs but by then we will know what to change to cut some of the cost, number one thing will be to pack a cooler of food instead of eating out. Every stinkin place we ate at was absolutely horrible. As Jeff put it, people in Canada need to learn how to cook!!! The last day was kind of bitter sweet for me. It meant we were almost done with our trip but that our two year journey was about to begin in a new town, new home, new job and different faces and lifestyle. But I think I'll be ok. Jeff has been a great support and knows how challenging this is to me, I just look forward to our time home for Christmas.
We sat next to these bikers at breakfast in Tok, AK and they were the coolest bikers ever with the longest hair and mustaches. They were true bikers and when we caught up with them on the highway I just had to get a pic. We passed so many bikers on this journey and it made me jealous that we were in a truck hauling a trailer instead of the joys of a nice bike... I sure will miss Jeff's bike while we are up here. Too bad it didn't fit in the trailer.
This pic was zoomed in very far but it was the first glacier I've ever seen and it was amazing.
These next two pics are of a diff glacier coming into Palmer, AK. It's 4 times the size of Maine and is just beautiful. We got out at the look out point and just were in awe at it's beauty and massiveness.
Unfortunately, we pulled into town and were welcomed with rain... UGH! Guess it's been raining the last 6 days but guess that comes with the territory. We drove around all afternoon getting use to the city and everything. Anchorage has a population of 280,000 so no it's not little and yes it will take quite awhile to get use to a big city feel... I'm no longer in small St. George, UT. These pics are of the ocean, can't wait to see it on a clear day. The upside is it was still 70 degrees. It sure felt nice. We went from 110 degrees to this, what a change but comfortable... for now!!!


2 comments:
What an adventure...you will look back at this and think what an adventure.
Wow Trish you are a great blogger. What a great journal you are keeping! I know the move is tough, but I am thrilled to have you here. If you need ANYTHING call me! XOXO
Post a Comment