Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 20, 2010

Loving the weather

Well it's been so nice the last few days to have such beautiful weather here, and its a bonus to not have the sun go down til 1030 or 11 so we have more daylight to enjoy. Unfortunately we both have been working this week 8-6 pm so our time out has been limited. But we love going on drives and exploring. And we looking forward to our weekends. We plan to get out every weekend and see as much of Alaska as we can (plus we need to be good chapperons for when our many guests come to visit... hint hint) So this week we drove out of town to Eklunta Lake. It was beautiful with the most gorgeous rainbow across the whole lake. Jeff had heard Eklunta is a great place for moose hunts so we went to go see if we could spot any bulls. Again, no luck. All we see are cows and their calves. The other morning I took the dogs for a walk and right across the street from us is the church. Well we will take the dogs over and let them run around in the parking lot. So as I'm turning around after letting them off their leash and out of the brush 20 feet from me is 2 calves and thier momma. Well it's getting to the time of the year for the rut, so the cows are going to get very aggressive and protective of their young. So here I am panicing trying to gather up my very loud and free spirited dogs running in the parking lot hoping they don't see the moose and start barking. Well the moose ran, I collected the dogs and all is well. It kills me how many moose we have seen. They are more abundant than deer in Utah. They are in you yards, crossing streets, and last year one walked into the ER entrance at the hospital I work at. HOW CRAZY!!! Hope I never have a scary run in with one.




1 comment:

Nikki and Tipper said...

I am glad that Chewy and Ko didn't turn into moose food!! But love the pics!!